RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Steve Autridge the Two Year old Champion Trainer

Steve's totals with Rogerson, Te Akau,  Hawtin and on his own account, in NZ  

are  about 155 individual winners of 2 year olds. Some earlier computer records are not available.

Steve  has an affinity with the young ones that he identifies  early on.

Winning combo when Bosson is involved.

Steve's, God son from Hell !!

TE AKAU needs Steve !!

Rev

On 3/16/2018 at 8:32 PM, Black Kirrama said:

Steve's totals with Rogerson, Te Akau,  Hawtin and on his own account, in NZ  

are  about 155 individual winners of 2 year olds. Some earlier computer records are not available.

Steve  has an affinity with the young ones that he identifies  early on.

Winning combo when Bosson is involved.

Steve's, God son from Hell !!

TE AKAU needs Steve !!

Rev

Hey, how right  I was ....back then.   

Te Akau appointing  a sole Trainer>Jamie  Richards.

He is one of the desperately few NZtrainers that has a great insight into training  juveniles.  From what I have witnessed from my time in NZ, way too many miles go into a young horses legs. Young horses at our track always traipsed off the track, so weary from the miles they had worked, they couldn’t lift their heads above their shoulders....not bouncing around, ready to strike like they would at Angus Armanasco or Lee Freedman.  Not like ours, that had skipped a lap and came back happy & interested. As AA would say, their attention span is short, we need to keep them on their toes and happy to go out to work...just like pre schoolers...

As Te Akau buys a large number of horses at the said yearling  sales with the main objective (?) being  the rich 2yo races, there is now enormous amount of pressure on Jamie Richards to produce. That is something I wouldn’t want in a year of Sundays....

In a lot of cases it's just promiscuity in 2 year olds but you have to be (A) good to spot it and (B) extra good to use it to advantage.

I think two seasons ago Mark Purdon had over 20 individual 2yo winners. Big spoils to be had but as La Zip says, a big responsibility to get the results.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

In a lot of cases it's just promiscuity in 2 year olds but you have to be (A) good to spot it and (B) extra good to use it to advantage.

I think two seasons ago Mark Purdon had over 20 individual 2yo winners. Big spoils to be had but as La Zip says, a big responsibility to get the results.

But Blue, how do you know if you don't know....

19 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Don't tell me they are at it in the stables! I think the word you're looking for Blue is precocity.;)

Haha, yeah, that too.Didn't think it looked right somehow.

13 hours ago, La Zip said:

But Blue, how do you know if you don't know....

Very true but some have a better eye or 'feel' for certain things. I know a lot of farmers but I don't know a lot of "Stock men' and it's something you either have or you don't. Can't teach it.