RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Nsw Stallions

OK Cafers, some advice on the  following  would be greatly appreciated. 

We are looking at rolling the dice with a new season sire in NSW with one of our mares.(speed sire preferred )

The mare is by Pentire out of a Marscay mare.

Thanks in advance 

One young stallion you might consider is Outreach who is a full to Overeach, the Golden Slipper winner and 3/4 to Reward  For Effort. He is by Exceed & Excel -he is 2nd season..if you’re breeding to race.. He is at Widden Stud and there is no better Stud in Australasia 

If you're considering 2nd season sires I'd take a look at Hallowed Crown , I think his fee is a bit rich based on sales to date but I'm sure they'd work with you at a place like Darley. Was a top class racehorse,out of a Top Class 2yo filly from a family that has had a handy stallion in it over the past few years ;0 

Best of luck!

19 hours ago, Huey said:

If you're considering 2nd season sires I'd take a look at Hallowed Crown , I think his fee is a bit rich based on sales to date but I'm sure they'd work with you at a place like Darley. Was a top class racehorse,out of a Top Class 2yo filly from a family that has had a handy stallion in it over the past few years ;0 

Best of luck!

Huey I’d be interested to know if you’ve had any dealings with Darley directly or with studs that stand their stallions?  My experience is they don’t tend to discount their fees.  I’m using my experiences both in Australia and here in NZ...” there isn’t much room to negotiate but if you want to send 2 or more mares,  I can discount the stallions we own to makeup the difference if you still want to use the Darley stallion”.  This has been the situation at 3 different studs. 

However I understand they’ve been known to offer free return flights from NZ if you utilise one of their pricier Australian based stallions....which is a good deal for those with nice commercial mares who are keen to sell in Oz. 

They do have some nice stallions...scattered all around Aust & NZ...and I wouldn’t say no to most of them.

We have sent mares across to Darley and they use to pick up the transport cost door to door, I'm not sure if they do that now. They tend to discount the Stallions that are not getting a full book sometimes because they are not getting the Darley mares.

8 hours ago, BruceL said:

Darley discount for the right mares, also have discounted their stallions that stand in NZ

Can you let me know what stallions here in NZ as I’ve approached several here for no luck with getting fees discounts...but have had no problem with non Darley owned stallions

10 hours ago, La Zip said:

Can you let me know what stallions here in NZ as I’ve approached several here for no luck with getting fees discounts...but have had no problem with non Darley owned stallions

Mapperley Stud

Contributer/Complacent.

Apparantly even more so when booking both or multiple 

13 hours ago, skoozi said:

We have sent mares across to Darley and they use to pick up the transport cost door to door, I'm not sure if they do that now. They tend to discount the Stallions that are not getting a full book sometimes because they are not getting the Darley mares.

I think they pay the transport if you are spending $20k +

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

Mapperley Stud

Contributer/Complacent.

Apparantly even more so when booking both or multiple 

Yep - I was offered a good discount on Complacent (whom I love) because Mapperley own him but not the other chap...that Darley own...I see he is now a bit cheaper than his first season fee..so may consider him this year

Also, couldn’t get any sizeable discount off Ambidexter at Cornerstone...and am keen to send a mare to Ghibbilines and will offer a break on agistment but really no wiggle room on Service fee....anyhow in the big scheme of things, the service fee is the cheap part of the exercise.

im certainly not having a go at the Stud masters that stand the stallions. They have a fee schedule set by Darley and I guess they have to stick to it.

I have got a beautiful filly weaning by Contributor. She is a standout, so much so that I am considering returning to him this year even though it will the third year. 

What I don’t like is their terms which are free return rather than live foal! 

1 hour ago, Insider said:

I have got a beautiful filly weaning by Contributor. She is a standout, so much so that I am considering returning to him this year even though it will the third year. 

What I don’t like is their terms which are free return rather than live foal! 

Just wondered what happens if the stallion dies...?  there has been a few lately.