RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
newbie85

JOHN ALLENS LOVE FOR EX NZ POST WORKERS......

CONTINUES. .....

Racing Board Leadership Team currently has John Allen, Stephen Henry, Dianna Taylor, Gary Woodham all ex NZ POST  and today announces that Janine Belcher (ex NZ Post) will join the TEAM as GM People for a 6 month Term.

Another $100-200,000 cost for the Industry

John what is your "LOVE AFFAIR" with NZ POST ex staff ?

What Wagering background do they bring with them ?

20 minutes ago, newbie85 said:

CONTINUES. .....

Racing Board Leadership Team currently has John Allen, Stephen Henry, Dianna Taylor, Gary Woodham all ex NZ POST  and today announces that Janine Belcher (ex NZ Post) will join the TEAM as GM People for a 6 month Term.

Your posting is a generic copy of the one I posted a few years back revealing all the ex banking crew arriving with Bayliss.

I can't see the rationale  unless its just to cement top dog at the top. Anyway would appreciate anyone exposed to big business (not that TAB is such a big  business) to put down any reasons that this sort of hiring helps racing or wagering.

37 minutes ago, newbie85 said:

CONTINUES. .....

Sweet FA...as John admitted himself recently.

Given the dramas I've had with NZ Post lately, and their continued failure to sort out a simple problem, I wouldn't go near them.....:rolleyes:

It seems to be how it all works at that level in this tiny country ...

Maybe this individual is the bomb! - I don't know.   I do know there is a tendency at high levels in many organisations these days to opt for transferrable skills rather than specific subject-experts if you like.

But in my humble opinion this needs to be an approach which is balanced with people who do understand and have experience in what (commodity/service/industry) you are dealing.

And then if Iwas to play devil's advocate - I might say "never let the notion of a meritocracy get in the way of good old fashioned cronyism ...  " 

I leave it to the `cafers to make their own minds up ....

The postmens job is to deliver! 

I guess we now have to wait and see if all of the postmen can deliver!

The real question is; how long we have to wait or better still, how much time should we give them?

Trying to be fair I say 30 July 2019, and if we don’t see a substantial turnaround for the Racing Industry then it’s all over. 

Some in the industry totally believe in John A, so I will give him/them another 16 months and whoe betide them if they fail. 

17 hours ago, jess said:

It seems to be how it all works at that level in this tiny country ...

Maybe this individual is the bomb! - I don't know.   I do know there is a tendency at high levels in many organisations these days to opt for transferrable skills rather than specific subject-experts if you like.

But in my humble opinion this needs to be an approach which is balanced with people who do understand and have experience in what (commodity/service/industry) you are dealing.

And then if Iwas to play devil's advocate - I might say "never let the notion of a meritocracy get in the way of good old fashioned cronyism ...  " 

I leave it to the `cafers to make their own minds up ....

Bayliss had never been into a betting shop in his life when he was hired.....that worked out well.....:rolleyes:

Janine Belcher Bio
Janine’s last permanent role was with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, where she led the transformation of the people function over a four year period.  During this time, NZTE redesigned its customer engagement and investment models, transformed its culture and achieved the highest engagement within the public sector and significantly grew customer satisfaction.  

Over the last two years, Janine has focussed on providing consulting services to a range of public and private sector organisations around people strategy, transformation and capability.  Prior to this Janine has also held senior leadership roles with Ministry of Social Development and New Zealand Post with a background in people and culture, business improvement and service design.  

22 minutes ago, CosmicBlackie said:
Janine Belcher Bio
Janine’s last permanent role was with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, where she led the transformation of the people function over a four year period.  During this time, NZTE redesigned its customer engagement and investment models, transformed its culture and achieved the highest engagement within the public sector and significantly grew customer satisfaction.  

Over the last two years, Janine has focussed on providing consulting services to a range of public and private sector organisations around people strategy, transformation and capability.  Prior to this Janine has also held senior leadership roles with Ministry of Social Development and New Zealand Post with a background in people and culture, business improvement and service design.  

Typical HR Gobbledegook........" transformation of the people function...???!" :rolleyes: