RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Bonecrusher Statue

Bonecrusher Opinions on Jockey or no Jockey   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Ok I know this is irrelevant really as the statue is there already so just for fun should Big Red have G Stewart on or not.

• Yes he should be there
    • No he is fine as it is.

18 minutes ago, Double R said:

From memory, Cecil Devine, Jack Smolenski and Kevin Williams. Anyone recall any others?

Cheers.

Robert.

That's more than 1.

20 minutes ago, Double R said:

Correct Admin. Lord Module had 93 Starts and Cecil drove him in his first 80 races.

I've told this story many times but every time Lord Module is mentioned it brings back a fantastic memory. 

I was a stable hand at the time and we had an a couple of good horses racing the night of his spectacular Allan Matson FFA win.  I was lucky enough to be sitting in the exclusive Owners and Trainers stand amongst the who's who of harness racing at that time - most of whom had stop watches. 

The race speaks for itself with all its drama and Reon's race call was memorable.  Watching the crowd run from the stands to applaud after the previous week throwing cans at him was entertaining but two things really stick in my mind. 

The silence around where I was sitting - the disbelief as everyone confirmed each others stop watch - a remarkable world record had just been set. 

The second thing was winding our way back down the stand we walked through the drivers room - there was Jack Smolenski sitting down looking like a stunned mullet with blood all over his silks.  The blood coming from Lord Module's quarter cracks.

I might not have done much in racing but I am really grateful to have experienced what I considered to be a privilege.

It would be fair to say that the drivers of Lord Module were always along for the ride!

7 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Brilliant horse admin. It was a privilege to see him race. This was one of his best....

https://youtu.be/i2f0xE4CS7o

Yes but any statue of mine would have Cecil Devine included.  Not to sully the reputation of the departed but I saw stuff around the racecourse stabling area.....well lets just say that horse handling has improved immensely!

3 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Yes but any statue of mine would have Cecil Devine included.  Not to sully the reputation of the departed but I saw stuff around the racecourse stabling area.....well lets just say that horse handling has improved immensely!

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It still sends shivers down my spine listening to Reon's commentary.

11 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

They weren't mugs behind him either.

No you would have to say that that was one of the best harness fields ever.  Interesting that in those days even our galloping fields had the same depth.  I still don't know how he won Trotting Cup in 1979.

2 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Morrie Holmes I think.

That brings back memories of Noodlum.

2 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’d pick someone who was unbeaten on her 

Morty?

13 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Still does not change the fact the vast majority in here think Bonecrusher should have G Stewart on him... not to digress.

Doesn't matter does it.  If you ever have a horse good enough then you can decide who you put on it.  I think the Mitchell's got it spot on.  

Just now, 2Admin2 said:

Doesn't matter does it.  If you ever have a horse good enough then you can decide who you put on it.  I think the Mitchell's got it spot on.  

If i said the sky was blue you would say no it wasn't......just saying...:blink:

34 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

If i said the sky was blue you would say no it wasn't......just saying...:blink:

You assume I give a damn.  What I will say is I've spoken to Peter Mitchell a few times and found him to be a genuine down to earth man of the old school.  I hope one day someone writes a book about his punting exploits.  Some of them are damn good stories.

Remember he made all the arrangements and paid for the statue out of his own money.  Well done the Mitchells.

5 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

You assume I give a damn.  What I will say is I've spoken to Peter Mitchell a few times and found him to be a genuine down to earth man of the old school.  I hope one day someone writes a book about his punting exploits.  Some of them are damn good stories.

Remember he made all the arrangements and paid for the statue out of his own money.  Well done the Mitchells.

He was the people’s Champion nO, the people don’t like it. You can’t please everyone and everyone has the right to their opinion regardless if you own Winx or Marcelina, Mitchell’s are great people no doubt and the fact they owned The Crusher probably helped but this beautifully crafted statue should remind you of the legend not be just about the art form

Just to play devil's advocate here...if in due course a statue of Winx were to be created and displayed at (say) Moonee Valley or Randwick...would you be raising an eyebrow if it showed her with saddle and bridle and in full galloping action minus Hugh Bowman??

6 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Just to play devil's advocate here...if in due course a statue of Winx were to be created and displayed at (say) Moonee Valley or Randwick...would you be raising an eyebrow if it showed her with saddle and bridle and in full galloping action minus Hugh Bowman??

Check behind the base. Maybe he'd jumped off?

13 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Winx never Pig roots:ph34r:

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

They weren't mugs behind him either.

9 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

No you would have to say that that was one of the best harness fields ever.  Interesting that in those days even our galloping fields had the same depth.  I still don't know how he won Trotting Cup in 1979.

Notice the on track sponsors - Ansett, Benson & Hedges and Lion Brown - no one misses their passing

5 minutes ago, Timon said:

Notice the on track sponsors - Ansett, Benson & Hedges and Lion Brown - no one misses their passing

They still sell Brown Bombers in cans Timon.Good way to finish a hard days slog with a cold lion Brown...but not my first choice:)