RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Bonecrusher Statue

Bonecrusher Opinions on Jockey or no Jockey   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Ok I know this is irrelevant really as the statue is there already so just for fun should Big Red have G Stewart on or not.

• Yes he should be there
    • No he is fine as it is.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Take a lie detector test some time 

Are you inferring that it isn't a true story?

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, 2Admin2 said:

I've told this story many times but every time Lord Module is mentioned it brings back a fantastic memory. 

I was a stable hand at the time and we had an a couple of good horses racing the night of his spectacular Allan Matson FFA win.  I was lucky enough to be sitting in the exclusive Owners and Trainers stand amongst the who's who of harness racing at that time - most of whom had stop watches. 

The race speaks for itself with all its drama and Reon's race call was memorable.  Watching the crowd run from the stands to applaud after the previous week throwing cans at him was entertaining but two things really stick in my mind. 

The silence around where I was sitting - the disbelief as everyone confirmed each others stop watch - a remarkable world record had just been set. 

The second thing was winding our way back down the stand we walked through the drivers room - there was Jack Smolenski sitting down looking like a stunned mullet with blood all over his silks.  The blood coming from Lord Module's quarter cracks.

I might not have done much in racing but I am really grateful to have experienced what I considered to be a privilege.

It would be fair to say that the drivers of Lord Module were always along for the ride!

I remember that well...it still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just watching.

What an unbelievable horse,  no wonder he was so cranky with the pain he must have suffered from his bad feet...and yes,  the stories of some of the 'methods' used....!

Wouldn't happen now, one would like to think.

My father was on the committee of the old Canterbury Park trotting club,  before it amalgamated with the Met...I always followed harness racing as a child.

26 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

I remember that well...it still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just watching.

What an unbelievable horse,  no wonder he was so cranky with the pain he must have suffered from his bad feet...and yes,  the stories of some of the 'methods' used....!

Wouldn't happen now, one would like to think.

My father was on the committee of the old Canterbury Park trotting club,  before it amalgamated with the Met...I always followed harness racing as a child.

Same.  My Dad had harness horses and through his contacts was fortunate to meet many luminaries of the harness industry.  I doubt many people in Hokitika were members of New Brighton, Canterbury Park and the Metropolitan Club.  Remember the coloured plastic swingers?

Thanks Leggy still gives me shivers.

How many NZ Cup and Auckland Cup winners were in that field?!

30 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I fraternise with many gypsies, no one knows your name.

I was also lucky enough to be around in those days and because of my profile I enjoyed liberties across the codes.

You didn’t enjoy the same.

I’m saying you’ve got a bad dose of the “Tommos”, you’re embellishing what you googled to strive for credibility.

LOL it would be fair to say we didn't fraternise with the same harness people.  For a start none of the people I know or knew (many of them have passed on) could be called gypsies.  Many of your "gypsies" would remember my Dad's horses and those of the stable he was associated with.

Anyway you keep playing the man Molloy as you always do.  

Was at Addington that night Lord Module won. The old main stand was full, so we walked right up top of stairs and stood watching. 

Only about the 3rd time I had gone to the races, and didn’t know much about them. One thing I do remember, was the crowd noise, never heard anything like it since anywhere. 

Still get a buzz. As for blood on driver, not sure. Had thought I had read somewhere once where that did happen, but might have been another race. 

14 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Editing the thread because I exposed him as a liar huh !!

Bad form.

Note to 2moron2, there is no elasticity in the truth, just stick to the facts in future.

I didn't edit it.  I'm not lying.  I suggest your illustrious buddy the "owner"  deleted the posts because they were starting to expose you.

image.png

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No I deleted them because you were just baiting him and poking the bear stirring shit as usual... so better to take them down as he was tearing you to pieces....JMO

LOL geez on the Maotai already!  He was the one that went personal.  He was the one that was being torn to pieces.  The real reason you took it down was there was a shift in credibility and you need Molloy more than you need me.  JMO.

But eh thanks for being so considerate of my feelings.

1 minute ago, 2Admin2 said:

LOL geez on the Maotai already!  He was the one that went personal.  He was the one that was being torn to pieces.  

Thats your opinion... you always think you are right even if you are blatantly wrong like this thread you are the minority..and oh of course your outrageous claim that Bowman took a dive.... but hey keep on dreaming....:rolleyes:

Keep working on it Scooby.  I though I guess I was stupid to have worked on this site every day for the last 7 years keeping it oiled and watered.