RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Cheltenham Festival

One of the world's great race meetings kicking off tonight.

First up well done to the TAB for having full coverage on trackside and Fixed odds betting for the card. 

Doing the form will be a bit difficult unless you know a few - but some decent UK sites to have a look at.

Anyone on here able to steer us in a direction ?

16 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

First up well done to the TAB for having full coverage on trackside and Fixed odds betting for the card. 

Doing the form will be a bit difficult unless you know a few - but some decent UK sites to have a look at.

Mrs Cubes says if you get to London , then go West.....

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Col, Racing Post will have all the info you need, form,tips and some great stories to read.Lots of people a little apprehensive and waiting to see how the track plays out on the first day with the rain they have had here.

Cheltenham are confident that the track will ride soft .If the track turns heavier as the festival goes on all the form could go out the window. My best suggestion is to follow horses who have form at the course,even from 2 years ago.

Heard an interesting  interview Ruby Walsh today,saying that if the track did turn heavy that how much more of a tactical battle for the jockeys to give  the horses a little breather if they can in running so to get last and hopefully winning run at the opposition. 

Willie Mullins will be top trainer on form again,unless it gets really wet.

Nick Henderson and Gordon Elliot have nice teams at the festival.

All the best for the festival.

Here's my look at the first day.

R1   6-15 -4

R2    2

R3   1- 7- 4

R4  2-11- 5

R5  1- 6 -2

R6  11- 5- 9

R7  20 - 9- 7

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Col, Racing Post will have all the info you need, form,tips and some great stories to read.Lots of people a little apprehensive and waiting to see how the track plays out on the first day with the rain they have had here.

Cheltenham are confident that the track will ride soft .If the track turns heavier as the festival goes on all the form could go out the window. My best suggestion is to follow horses who have form at the course,even from 2 years ago.

Heard an interesting  interview Ruby Walsh today,saying that if the track did turn heavy that how much more of a tactical battle for the jockeys to give  the horses a little breather if they can in running so to get last and hopefully winning run at the opposition. 

Willie Mullins will be top trainer on form again,unless it gets really wet.

Nick Henderson and Gordon Elliot have nice teams at the festival.

All the best for the festival.

Here's my look at the first day.

R1   6-15 -4

R2    2

R3   1- 7- 4

R4  2-11- 5

R5  1- 6 -2

R6  11- 5- 9

R7  20 - 9- 7

Cheers

Brilliant stuff Swoopa - thanks !

8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

And her we go, just to show how tribal these morons are.

They dress the same and they act the same, because Mummy and Daddy sent them to the right schools, to learn fuck all about English history and seventeenth century art. 

They now drive green Range Rovers and live in the Cotswolds, and the men are all called Sebastian or Will, and the women, Penny or Veronica.

D9BF690A-0174-43F7-8CBF-A7565E6D17AA.png

I've seen that crowd at Twickenham too;)

Not so much at Stamford Bridge....

It looks like race one tonight is sponsored by the Moroney stable.

But, seriously, I have followed English breeding for some time now and there is a huge number of runners, yesterday and today, that are sired by stallions I have never ever heard of.  Okay, I have seen some by stallions like Authorised, Azamour, Frankel, High Chapparal, Ifraaj, Montjeu, Pour Moi,  Sir Percy and Yeats; but most of the stallions; I don't know.  Do they specifically breed them to be jumpers?

12 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

It looks like race one tonight is sponsored by the Moroney stable.

But, seriously, I have followed English breeding for some time now and there is a huge number of runners, yesterday and today, that are sired by stallions I have never ever heard of.  Okay, I have seen some by stallions like Authorised, Azamour, Frankel, High Chapparal, Ifraaj, Montjeu, Pour Moi,  Sir Percy and Yeats; but most of the stallions; I don't know.  Do they specifically breed them to be jumpers?

Yes is the answer to your question. 

In answer to the breeding question the TAB have all the runners breeding incorrect as all shown GB Most of the runners are Irish or French Bred and the best ones are French bred such as Douvan Max Dynamite etc. Even Willie Mullins scources his best horses in France nowdays. Not sure why TAB have the sires and dams as all GB but good to get the TV coverage  as an expat. 

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

If he did break his leg he’s one tough MF because he walked to the ambulance 

He eats nails alright, was only quoting what presenter said before last race that he had been taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg

8 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Could somebody please explain why races 3 to 7 were abandoned last night, being Thursday Cheltenham time?

Not 100% sure but I'll have a stab in the dark. (without doing any investigation myself)

Was it possible there were more than 24 horses in the races, ? if so the TAB cant take standard betting on the races because they can only handle 24 runners. Did they have "FUTURES" betting on those races still.? i.e., Option xxx, because if so they could handle any number of runners under that Option.