RaceCafe
Sign in to follow this  
Portfolio

Rachmaninov.

Great to see Trev doing well with this horse. Diedre Don out of his old battling mare Starwood In Aspen. 

I am putting it out there, this is a very serious trotter, will be interesting if he keeps ownership when offers come in, which they will, or maybe sold to bigger stable. 

I really like the battlers, after his open class mare Adio Routine was his star horse for many years, this one could go further. 

I know, some might think I am mad, but watch this space. 

3 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Great to see Trev doing well with this horse. Diedre Don out of his old battling mare Starwood In Aspen. 

I am putting it out there, this is a very serious trotter, will be interesting if he keeps ownership when offers come in, which they will, or maybe sold to bigger stable. 

I really like the battlers, after his open class mare Adio Routine was his star horse for many years, this one could go further. 

Yes, Trev is a good man. 

Rachmaninov shows promise but has performed best on grass tracks to date. I don't think he is good enough to feature in the 3yo trotters races later in season but I guess he will be accumulating enough points to get in Jewels? I agree he should win more races. Best of luck today Trevor

6 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Yes, Trev is a good man. 

Rachmaninov shows promise but has performed best on grass tracks to date. I don't think he is good enough to feature in the 3yo trotters races later in season but I guess he will be accumulating enough points to get in Jewels? I agree he should win more races. Best of luck today Trevor

You may be right about grass, but the 3rd & 4th recently at Addington we’re very good. 

Was erratic early on, but now seems to be getting better all the time. I think if he turns the 3yo races in to staying events, he is gonna surprise a few. 

Personally, think it would win more races with a more full time driver on board!

There are a lot,of horse that would also,perform so much better with experienced drivers on!

Defies logic really when trainers keep putting on the same drivers and get the same result every start by below average drives!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally, think it would win more races with a more full time driver on board!

There are a lot,of horse that would also,perform so much better with experienced drivers on!

Defies logic really when trainers keep putting on the same drivers and get the same result every start by below average drives!

Give him a break, he knows he is not the best driver in the world, but as this horse races best in front or outside the leader, it’s a good one for him to drive. He has driven it well recently. 

Maybe if it keeps winning, another driver may be involved, but let’s give credit to Trev for his training, he had limited opportunities , yet does well. 

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are starting to sound like a second Whoknows LOL.

Cant see him beating We'll Meet Again today.Only surprising thing is We'll meet Again is paying $5.20 fixed.

Over odds with big drop in class and all 5 wins on grass,

The only downside is big field to get around

24 minutes ago, richie said:

Cant see him beating We'll Meet Again today.Only surprising thing is We'll meet Again is paying $5.20 fixed.

Over odds with big drop in class and all 5 wins on grass,

The only downside is big field to get around

In good form we’ll meet again. But if both begin, I would be surprised if it can outstay trevs horse from back mark

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Give him a break, he knows he is not the best driver in the world, but as this horse races best in front or outside the leader, it’s a good one for him to drive. He has driven it well recently. 

Maybe if it keeps winning, another driver may be involved, but let’s give credit to Trev for his training, he had limited opportunities , yet does well. 

Sorry but if Trev knows he is not the best driver for the horse then put someone better on

Backed the horse at Nelson and drives were poor.

Yes the horse can trot and had a fair bit of racing this year

Won’t go thru the classes at Addington though with Trevor on

5 hours ago, Portfolio said:

All his horses have no speed but can stick on pretty good. They have to be good stayers the way he drives them.

57 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Sorry but if Trev knows he is not the best driver for the horse then put someone better on

Stop talking through your pocket.... are you sure you are not Whoknows under another name....:D

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Why did you back the horse at Nelson then? What did you have on it, $2ew? Or was it one of your huge bets that the tab decline because your too good a punter? 

1 hour ago, GoHarness said:

All his horses have no speed but can stick on pretty good. They have to be good stayers the way he drives them.

Nothing wrong with his drives lately, knows what the horse can do, does it hard and out stays them. 

Well done Trev, great drive. Should have doubled up Brodie, $4ew would have got you a kfc feed tonight. 

Nice one Portfolio,i hope you got a bit.I decided on the back of your post to chuck it into the treble and had a nice wee collect thankyou.

I must admit that it not a horse I have taken much notice of but that was nice run.

42 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Stop talking through your pocket.... are you sure you are not Whoknows under another name....:D

Scooby, most punters talk thru their pockets I would’ve thought.

Definitely not WhoKnows, I am the “Brodster”

To be fair though WhoKnows does talk a lot of sense controversial though it may be.

Thing is that many think things but never voice their opinion.

There are too many people to my mind that just go along with the flow and never question anything, that is not the Brodster or WhoKnows.

This site would be flippen boring if everyone just went with the flow without questioning the wrongs and injustices that are happening!

20 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Why did you back the horse at Nelson then? What did you have on it, $2ew? Or was it one of your huge bets that the tab decline because your too good a punter? 

I backed it because I knew the horse was good enough to run a place In The fields it was in!

Did it run a place in the fields it was in? No because it was not put into the races but it was running on both days.

Did I have 2ew on it no! Do I invest 2ew? No!

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I backed it because I knew the horse was good enough to run a place In The fields it was in!

Did it run a place in the fields it was in? No because it was not put into the races but it was running on both days.

Did I have 2ew on it no! Do I invest 2ew? No!

Brodie, 

I think you need to go back to basic punting. When this horse finished 3rd on the grass in Jan, was when I started following it. I never backed it at Nelson, because I already knew that it was a grinding type horse, up against handy fields. Valloria & Saveapatrol won the 2 Races. 

He was 3 back on the outer in one race, admittedly went a little wide, run home ok without looking to pay div. 

Other race settled deep, seemed to trot rough on turn, run home well. 

After these 2 races, you should have seen this horse as a progressing type. 

Also, if Dexter was driving this horse today, would have paid $3. I don’t mind punting on the novice drivers on grass tracks if on a proven grass track runner. 

Gotta do ya homework boy, 

4 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Brodie, 

I think you need to go back to basic punting. When this horse finished 3rd on the grass in Jan, was when I started following it. I never backed it at Nelson, because I already knew that it was a grinding type horse, up against handy fields. Valloria & Saveapatrol won the 2 Races. 

He was 3 back on the outer in one race, admittedly went a little wide, run home ok without looking to pay div. 

Also, if Dexter was driving this horse today, would have paid $3. I don’t mind punting on the novice drivers on grass tracks if on a proven grass track runner. 

Yes surely a top punter factors in who is driving the horse and can't moan about the drive afterwards

4 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Brodie, 

Portfolio,  I only backed it for a place first day, didn’t the second due to the poor drive the first day!

Basic punting? Not sure what basic punting is Portfolio!

If it is more successful than the way I have been punting over the last few years, the TAB should be very worried!!!

39 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Yes surely a top punter factors in who is driving the horse and can't moan about the drive afterwards

Spike,  of course I factor in who is driving a horse!

No disrespect Spike, but I don’t really think I need any assistance from anyone on how to make money punting!!

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Spike,  of course I factor in who is driving a horse!

No disrespect Spike, but I don’t really think I need any assistance from anyone on how to make money punting!!

You win the prize on here for being the most arrogant and condescending with comments like that , no wonder other posters go after you so much. You deserve everything you get IMHO

4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

You win the prize on here for being the most arrogant and condescending with comments like that , no wonder other posters go after you so much. You deserve everything you get IMHO

Fart Too Much What the heck is wrong with saying that I don’t need anyone’s help with punting?

I am confident That I can sort out my own horses rather than relying on others work.

If you need to be advised by others then that is up to you!

FTM please advise us all if you rely on others to give you winners.

Several do go after “The Brodster” just because they think they can and because of his confidence in what he believes in and says!

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Fart Too Much What the heck is wrong with saying that I don’t need anyone’s help with punting?

I am confident That I can sort out my own horses rather than relying on others work.

If you need to be advised by others then that is up to you!

FTM please advise us all if you rely on others to give you winners.

Several do go after “The Brodster” just because they think they can and because of his confidence in what he believes in and says!

Hi Brodie,

It is my bet for our little $10 to spend syndicate this week, and would be useful to get some guidance from you, if that was possible?  I usually pick out one horse and put the $10 for a place on it, and as long as it pays over $1.50, I get another bet the following week.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Robert.