RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

What Happened to Bowman?

5 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

NO way!! Have to agree to differ strongly on that one!

Cheers. Let's hope he's OK.

Go through the video frame by frame and watch where his head and upper body are BEFORE the horse moves out.

On 3/13/2018 at 0:28 PM, 2Admin2 said:

That's your opinion Lloyd however I stand by my statement that Bowman had already lost his balance before the horse made any substantial movement.

Andrew "Hoss" Bensley, journalist, renowned racing scribe etc, spoke to Bowman on Mon and Bowman told him the horse gave a small "pig jump' just before the said incident. Hugie said he slightly adjusted his riding position to compensate and at that the horse reacted and abruptly moved sideways causing him to fall off. So I guess Admin you are partly correct in what you saw. 

3 hours ago, harewood said:

Andrew "Hoss" Bensley, journalist, renowned racing scribe etc, spoke to Bowman on Mon and Bowman told him the horse gave a small "pig jump' just before the said incident. Hugie said he slightly adjusted his riding position to compensate and at that the horse reacted and abruptly moved sideways causing him to fall off. So I guess Admin you are partly correct in what you saw. 

That description fits exactly with what is visible on the video.

8 minutes ago, hesi said:

Classic

So from Bowman himself, adjusting his position on the horse, is what caused the sideways movement, and subsequent fall

Don't hold your breath Admin, waiting for the slaggers to come forward and apologise

He’s obviously still concussed

43 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Watch the horse’s head ( not its body ).

When you’re riding you’ve got to follow their head, and if you don’t you go over the side.

Where their head goes their body follows, it’s that simple.

Often you’ll see a jockey get unbalanced at the walk ( typically leaving the birdcage gate ) when they get distracted and don’t follow the horse’s head.

In this instance the head and neck clearly go sideways before Hughie goes right, and over the side.

This incident demonstrates two things, firstly the extraordinarily fine balance these guys have at high speed, and secondly what a fucking wanker 2admin2 is. Has there ever been a bigger wanker than him in the world of racing. NO.

Thanks for passing the mantle P4P.  My biggest honour in racing.

What is also interesting about Performer's movement is that he did the same sort of thing at least twice before Bowman fell.  If you look at the video you will see a slightly off action in the last 50m or so before the fall.  I wonder if the horse might be sore?  I see he is 11th on the order of entry for the Slipper.

For those of you who want to hear the Andrew Bensely interview with Hugh Bowman thanks to Sky Racing Australia.  Note I'm not the listeneer who phoned in which proves there are more than two people in the industry that thought the same thing.  Make that 3 as it appears P4P also agrees.

VJEVn9.mp3

12 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Am I correct though ?

I didn’t bother commenting earlier because 2admin2 was spouting off and I don’t like giving him oxygen.

I presume you’ve ridden though, so you’ll know exactly what I mean I’m sure about following their head.

I’m not sure I agree about him ducking toward the whip though, I’ve been around quite a long time and apart from Peter Plumley Walker I haven’t seen too many who run toward the source of the pain.

You are dead on but I don't think you needed me to tell you that somehow. It was the head direction shift that said to the world Bowman's balance had shifted. We now know for sure what caused that and that that was what caused the horse to veer.

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

Which just goes to prove you and your "small" band of supporters were wrong. Bowman clearly fell off when trying to offset the pigrooting action of the horse. Correct? 

It's a "little pig root"......whatever that is.  Can you see it?

25 minutes ago, Trump said:

Which just goes to prove you and your "small" band of supporters were wrong. Bowman clearly fell off when trying to offset the pigrooting action of the horse. Correct? 

NO! He fell off when the horse veered AFTER and as a result of him losing his balance.

A pig root is a jump sideways...thats what caused him to lose his balance... you two really take the cake trying to twist semantics... but hey keep on believing the shit you post...just like the poll most can see what really happened...those that understand a horse anyway. But Admin you started the thread and had to change the title as you said he jumped off!!!!!

44 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

A pig root is a jump sideways...thats what caused him to lose his balance... you two really take the cake trying to twist semantics... but hey keep on believing the shit you post...just like the poll most can see what really happened...those that understand a horse anyway. But Admin you started the thread and had to change the title as you said he jumped off!!!!!

A "pig root" isn't a jump sideways.  It's where a horse will put in a long one planting its forelegs and lowering its head.  The horse did "a little pig root" BEFORE Bowman lost his balance and the horse veered sideways.  That's Bowman's version but then I guess you as a "useful jockey" know better.

39 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

A "pig root" isn't a jump sideways.  It's where a horse will put in a long one planting its forelegs and lowering its head.  The horse did "a little pig root" BEFORE Bowman lost his balance and the horse veered sideways.  That's Bowman's version but then I guess you as a "useful jockey" know better.

Oh now you have become an expert in pig roots too... earlier in the thread you knew nothing about them.. and your explanation of them shows you level of knowledge... zero... just like your credibility suggesting at the beginning he jumped off the horse...remember that??

What I was querying was the "little" part of the statement.  I didn't realise there were different degrees.  Scooby the clue is in the term "pig root" - it is a metaphor.  When a pig is looking for food in the wild it puts its head down and roots through the ground.  That's why they are good at finding truffles.  Even if you thought it was a sexual term pigs don't veer sideways to do it.

10 hours ago, Trump said:

I have no further comment re this thread. My Mother once gave me some advice,  "Son, never debate with a drunk, a Leftie or an idiot - you can't win!". :) 

So if it's a drunk leftie idiot, all three in one, you'd best walk away quick smart. 

And no pig rooting, the rooting of pigs, while departing.......

13 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

So if it's a drunk leftie idiot, all three in one, you'd best walk away quick smart. 

And no pig rooting, the rooting of pigs, while departing.......

One always knows when a debate is won - when personal insults replace logical argument. Well done Idlemite, you lose!