RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Michael Roustoby

NZB scope for improvement

I am a fan of the karaka sales and think NZB does a great job.

I have purchased horses at the yearling sales and sold through the ready to run sale twice and never had any problems dealing with them.

But i have always found it annoying when you pay for a scope the vets can't tell you the result. 

They can say pass or fail. Pass being a 1,2 or 3 and fail being a 4 or 5. You are paying a couple of hundred bucks for it so why can't you be told the result? (And the horses need to be scoped before they leave the sales complex so you can't take it home and get your vet to scope it and return it if it fails)

A few New Zealanders ive spoken to also buy on behalf of Asian clients. A 3 is a fail in some Asian racing jurisdictions. So what happens when the NZB scope says its a pass but the Hong Kong vet says its a fail and the NZ middle man is stuck with a horse they don't want?

Is it time NZB added Scope to the X Rays. Every yearling,ready to runner etc has to be scoped and the results lodged so prospective buyers know exactly what they are buying.

Keeps the integrity to a very high standard and buyers will be more confident. 

19 minutes ago, Michael Roustoby said:

I am a fan of the karaka sales and think NZB does a great job.

I have purchased horses at the yearling sales and sold through the ready to run sale twice and never had any problems dealing with them.

But i have always found it annoying when you pay for a scope the vets can't tell you the result. 

They can say pass or fail. Pass being a 1,2 or 3 and fail being a 4 or 5. You are paying a couple of hundred bucks for it so why can't you be told the result? (And the horses need to be scoped before they leave the sales complex so you can't take it home and get your vet to scope it and return it if it fails)

A few New Zealanders ive spoken to also buy on behalf of Asian clients. A 3 is a fail in some Asian racing jurisdictions. So what happens when the NZB scope says its a pass but the Hong Kong vet says its a fail and the NZ middle man is stuck with a horse they don't want?

Is it time NZB added Scope to the X Rays. Every yearling,ready to runner etc has to be scoped and the results lodged so prospective buyers know exactly what they are buying.

Keeps the integrity to a very high standard and buyers will be more confident. 

“A few New Zealanders ive spoken to also buy on behalf of Asian clients. A 3 is a fail in some Asian racing jurisdictions. So what happens when the NZB scope says its a pass but the Hong Kong vet says its a fail and the NZ middle man is stuck with a horse they don't want?”

This does happen. What’s happens is you’re stuck with a horse that’s a pass in other jurisdictions 

52 minutes ago, Dopey said:

“A few New Zealanders ive spoken to also buy on behalf of Asian clients. A 3 is a fail in some Asian racing jurisdictions. So what happens when the NZB scope says its a pass but the Hong Kong vet says its a fail and the NZ middle man is stuck with a horse they don't want?”

This does happen. What’s happens is you’re stuck with a horse that’s a pass in other jurisdictions 

And a large hole in your pocket. There's a simple solution so it doesn't happen that I think is worth looking into. Or I guess you could win 67 races here and break even