RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Diver Dan

The Banker, The Postie and the Shotputter

I've always been amazed how the NZRB and NZTR have made such odd decisions in regards to personnel. You could swear that they've been hired to ruin racing, so pitiful the decisions that have been made these past 15 plus years. The spin lacks any evidence that things are about to improve, in fact it looks completely rudderless and looks headed for further demise.

The latest Deloitte's report  is another desperate attempt to find answers. WTF do they(Deloitte) know about betting and betting platforms - how much was wasted on this?

Why wouldn't you employ someone that knows a thing or three.

I know a slight/maybe big stretch but take Bet 365 for example - Denise Coates.

Coates started out as cashier, marking up results in a small number of betting shops owned by her father, Peter, as a sideline to his main business of football stadium catering.

After graduating with a first in econometrics – the application of statistical methods to economic data – from Sheffield University, she expanded the family’s Provincial Racing betting chain to nearly 50 shops. Now CEO of Bet365 her salary last year was 199 million pounds.

The point I'm really trying making is wouldn't you hire for the position required.

We have experts at ledgers, sending post and chucking heavy objects - whoever hired them the problem.

Why (20 years ago and still to this date) wouldn't you hire an expert in betting/bookmaking/betting platforms???

Very successful family that Dan, Peter is Chairman and Owner of Stoke City.

Martin Saunders was brought in a few years ago, along with that Banker Bayliss, as he had a similar background.

Didn't do us much good did it....?? :rolleyes:

DD,

One answer to your question is that the whole NZRB salaried employment structure is based on a lie.

That is that the "TAB is a Two billion+ dollar business". On that lie the CEO is able to snare an almost million salary, the employment agency a fee in relation to a billion dollar business and all the way down the chain the remuneration, fees etc are based on the lie.

Off course anyone working for the Racing Board basks in the status of a billion dollar business so why have any other way.

Lets be clear the RacingBoard/TAB is an approx $450 million business. Thats way short of even the first billion.

Yet politicians, journalists, racing public, non racing public are sucked into the billion dollar business falsehood.

So you want experts. Well after the exhorbitant salaries already being paid there is just nothing left in the kitty so the ad hoc reliance on outside experts.

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Very successful family that Dan, Peter is Chairman and Owner of Stoke City.

Martin Saunders was brought in a few years ago, along with that Banker Bayliss, as he had a similar background.

Didn't do us much good did it....?? :rolleyes:

I don't think we ever had the horsepower in place when the bankers and posties were employed. They still look so inept and searching for answers as slam dunk pointed out "ad hoc reliance on outside experts.

I would however challenge the use of the term outside experts.

20 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

I don't think we ever had the horsepower in place when the bankers and posties were employed. They still look so inept and searching for answers as slam dunk pointed out "ad hoc reliance on outside experts.

I would however challenge the use of the term outside experts.

Its not about expertise its about politics and personal preferences.

Your shot putter will go down as singly handed destroying racing. The reason going with Paddy Power FOB platform and their developers is because of the shot putters preference for sports betting.

Lets hope Winnie can see that and gives her the boot before she does terminal damage.