RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mckenzie

Trackside coverage of Winx

Was that a joke or what? Was watching with some non-racing people who the only horse they know in the world is Winx yet they couldn't believe it after they cut off when they crossed the line to preview a trots race in the south island. Such a shame we couldn't savour the moment of seeing a great champion and the excitement of her historic win. Winx attracts a lot of outsiders to the industry, a better effort needs to be made.

You are lucky you saw it live! We didn't and actually heard the result before we saw a re-play!

My first thought was, why run the Derby at virtually the same time as Winx's come back race BUT I guess the Derby was committed to a time slot based in the Prime coverage.  

Bad luck all around.

6 hours ago, mckenzie said:

Was that a joke or what? Was watching with some non-racing people who the only horse they know in the world is Winx yet they couldn't believe it after they cut off when they crossed the line to preview a trots race in the south island. Such a shame we couldn't savour the moment of seeing a great champion and the excitement of her historic win. Winx attracts a lot of outsiders to the industry, a better effort needs to be made.

Usually there is an outcry when we miss the aftermath of a NZ feature race....... Poor Trackside dammed if they do - dammed if they don’t.

Watch a replay of the aftermath of any of her other G1 wins exactly the same reaction. Two skinny guys looking enthusiatic and some purple hair jumping up and down , followed by Waller running out of platitudes for the machine.

I feel for you if you missed her performance on the track though as she is simply out of this world!

Well let’s see if those who are so blessed to own this amazing creature, have the sense of occasion to let her perform in  the Queen Anne on Day 1 of Royal Ascot...I cant believe people are so insular...isn’t that the pinnacle for those of us who breed and race...?  At least Moody had the guts to take his mare...and came away with the prize.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Watch a replay of the aftermath of any of her other G1 wins exactly the same reaction. Two skinny guys looking enthusiatic and some purple hair jumping up and down , followed by Waller running out of platitudes for the machine.

I feel for you if you missed her performance on the track though as she is simply out of this world!

Think you might be jumping up and down with or without multi coloured hair as the ATM cruises by Huey....$16m in the kick tends to help the enthusiasm......:D

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Why ?

Ascot in June, she’ll be gone in the coat, and she’s been up for nearly a year. She’d most likely run about 6 lengths below her best.

The English would have everything in the favour, uphill straight, long grass, give in the ground, and she’s likely to be all fucked up hormonally.

If they want to compete with her they should come to Ozz shouldn’t they ? and any contest should be over 2000m ( a mile is fine when she’s fresh but there’s plenty of evidence saying she’s better at 2000.)

Ahhhhh, now comes the big dabate (or should it be called the 'mass' debate?) Some say she can't be the best in the world unless she takes on the rest of the world. Lots of variables as p4p has noted, then if others were invited to race her in Oz she would have a 'home town' advantage. Fair? Not fair? Still others says she's nothing more to prove and taking her to the UK is simply greed on the part of her owners not satisfied with $16 mill. Anyone thought of asking Chris Waller what the plans might be?

16 hours ago, Insider said:

You are lucky you saw it live! We didn't and actually heard the result before we saw a re-play!

My first thought was, why run the Derby at virtually the same time as Winx's come back race BUT I guess the Derby was committed to a time slot based in the Prime coverage.  

Bad luck all aroun

Well done Trackside in sticking with the NZ Derby and the aftermath. I do think many missed the late call to switch Winx race to Trackside 2 when it became apparent a clash was inevitable. Aussie would never contemplate cutting the coverage of their blue ribbon events to watch a champ racing in NZ and neither should we.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Why ?

Ascot in June, she’ll be gone in the coat, and she’s been up for nearly a year. She’d most likely run about 6 lengths below her best.

The English would have everything in the favour, uphill straight, long grass, give in the ground, and she’s likely to be all fucked up hormonally.

If they want to compete with her they should come to Ozz shouldn’t they ? and any contest should be over 2000m ( a mile is fine when she’s fresh but there’s plenty of evidence saying she’s better at 2000.)

I’m not disagreeing with you as they should have taken her last year...so there will always be questions, unlike Black Caviar who showcased her amazing talent to the world...and took the prize along with an enhanced reputation.