RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dock leaf

NZTR, Deloitte Report

You would want to ask the question of the credentials of Deloittes to be undertaking an enquiry or consultancy anyway.  Insofar as I know Deloittes are hardly a major benefactor of NZ Racing.  Preparing a report into the future of NZ Racing(and I haven't bothered reading it as it will no doubt be more of the same tripe we have been served time and time again) would surely require some in depth knowledge of the industry not just a poncy letterhead?  

The West Coast has had multiple 'Economic Development Studies' done in my time invariably by 'Deloittes' types - I reckon the only thing that has changed is that originally the consultant rode up on a pushbike and now he rolls up in Mercedes Benz

It looks like the NZRB and NZTR "really work together"! NZ Racing is in good hands - it's even got the Northern Fossil back to give guidance! Meanwhile, Bussutin/Young build and build in Vic, Bjorn Baker builds and builds in NSW, Sarge is going good, Waller creams it etc etc. Good luck NZ racing and all who put their grit to it. Meanwhile. A cracker field of 3yo's line up in the $1m Aust Guineas. Maybe Embellish can cause an upset and bring on some hairy chest beating in the Waikato :) 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

It looks like the NZRB and NZTR "really work together"! NZ Racing is in good hands - it's even got the Northern Fossil back to give guidance! Meanwhile, Bussutin/Young build and build in Vic, Bjorn Baker builds and builds in NSW, Sarge is going good, Waller creams it etc etc. Good luck NZ racing and all who put their grit to it. Meanwhile. A cracker field of 3yo's line up in the $1m Aust Guineas. Maybe Embellish can cause an upset and bring on some hairy chest beating in the Waikato :) 

And he could too Trumpy...he ran 1.33 and a bit behind Scott Base and nothing in that field has got near that.......;)

Maybe, but times are dependant on tempo. This is a really hot Sust Guineas field. There's at least 7 or 8 genuine chances and more! It's going to be a big/huge betting race. The short prices have drawn wide. I have to admit I've got Main Stage at $31 so hoping he wins. But there's a few I'll have savers on and try also to get Tri/F4. A massive race.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Worse than broken record you are. It must be so tough living in the perfect racing paradise,, whilst the rest of us should string a rope up and end it all.

Its all good though, must of us hit the by-pass button when you start in on the Aussie no1 fan club rants.

4 hours ago, barryb said:

Worse than broken record you are. It must be so tough living in the perfect racing paradise,, whilst the rest of us should string a rope up and end it all.

Its all good though, must of us hit the by-pass button when you start in on the Aussie no1 fan club rants.

Dear Barry - just want to hit you with a reality check. First of all, if Australia severed the Trans Tasman cable NZ would drift off into Pacific and the 600k+ Kiwis living in Aus would be stranded! Since the 1920s NZ have been sending their horses over for the prize money and the punt (as you well know). So what do you think would happen if there was an embargo was placed  on Kiwis and their  horses and no Australian (e.g. Oz bred) raced or stood here in NZ?  Without these horses domestic racing would collapse considering the amount of horses flogged to Asia...

12 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Dear Barry - just want to hit you with a reality check. First of all, if Australia severed the Trans Tasman cable NZ would drift off into Pacific and the 600k+ Kiwis living in Aus would be stranded! Since the 1920s NZ have been sending their horses over for the prize money and the punt (as you well know). So what do you think would happen if there was an embargo was placed  on Kiwis and their  horses and no Australian (e.g. Oz bred) raced or stood here in NZ?  Without these horses domestic racing would collapse considering the amount of horses flogged to Asia...

So you are saying there is zero benefit for Aussies buying NZ horses and they do it out of the goodness of there hearts to prop up NZ.

Fuck I guess we owe them for proping up our banking system, Insurance companies, supermarkets, retail stores. etc, etc. Shit wait, hang on they make a bucket load of profits out of NZ  which I guess is only fair considering we owe them. Maybe we should be paying them a royalty for keeping us afloat each year.

6 hours ago, barryb said:

That's ok Baz. I recall your comments after paying a visit to Brisbane races. A beautiful sunny day, good crowds, yet you still had cause to moan about lining up for a drink, problems re your underage daughter etc. One moment your moaning about poor tracks, rain, poor crowds, the next moment you're moaning about good crowds etc. Time to look at reality and what most cafers moan about. NZ racing is in dire straits. Just look at the comments re the Deloittes report. Why don't you just acknowledge that NZ can learn a lot from Aust Racing Administration? They don't get it right all the time but they are always trying to improve. You have a sensitive spot when there's any mention of Oz racing. Why is that? Anyway, you trot out to the great Ellerslie today. I'm sure you'll find something to moan about? Too much noise in Cuvée Bar, too many "non- genuine" race goers, etc etc. Meanwhile, I'll be watching and hoping Embellish wins the Aust Guineas, a shit hot field that a win in would add a lot to his Stud Fee. The Lindsay's deserve it. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Why don't you just acknowledge that NZ can learn a lot from Aust Racing Administration? 

We have had a few Aussies at the top Trumpie & they have done zero to advance the cause.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

So you are saying there is zero benefit for Aussies buying NZ horses and they do it out of the goodness of there hearts to prop up NZ.

Fuck I guess we owe them for proping up our banking system, Insurance companies, supermarkets, retail stores. etc, etc. Shit wait, hang on they make a bucket load of profits out of NZ  which I guess is only fair considering we owe them. Maybe we should be paying them a royalty for keeping us afloat each year.

Absolutely! Now you get it!

59 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I love the Aussies Trump, even though they’re mostly drug dealers or prostitutes, they always find a reason to do things, Kiwis on the other hand seem to find a reason not to do things.

When you serve them in a restaurant you can tell the difference, they’re two different species.

3 out of 5 Prozzies up the Cross are Kiwi's as are their drug dealers.......NZ nett export to Aus......unfortunately........BTW what on earth would Waller and Macca do if they revoked their visas, I bet the first thing they would do is take out Oz citizenship.....you agree?

14 hours ago, chelseacol said:

looks to me like all involved are busy getting consultants involved - deloitte report/kpmg report/investec report.

and then disagreeing and going in different directions.

hopeless

I am still disbelieving the report Michael Stiassny's outfit produced at a cost of almost $100,000 several years ago.

16 pages large print with illustrations mostly cut and paste an office girl in his firm was tasked with.

At the time the common conclusion was a school student could have done better for a homework assignment. The content had from memory reference to Avondale closing. So much for the substance Avondale is still going.

Where a report is needed is the technicalities of the FOB platform and whether NZRB is being set up as a bunny to shoulder the cost other agencies will benefit from.

There is no magic fix to racing’s woes. Racing has to be an attractive betting product for the younger generations and they are no big gamblers at present. Can Racing have some commercial connection with Lotto?

18 minutes ago, WOODBINE said:

There is no magic fix to racing’s woes. Racing has to be an attractive betting product for the younger generations and they are no big gamblers at present. Can Racing have some commercial connection with Lotto?

You want a Lucky Dip Quaddie....?? :rolleyes: