RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

comments man cambridge last night

Am I becoming a grumpy old man or do others cringe when Steve Davis is expected to say something funny about trotting ? He should stick to Auctioneering (which he is no. 1 at)He makes a mockery of trotting and obviously has no rapport with the normal commentators and comments men who from their replies like his stupidity even less than I do. (but h ave to put up with his inane,unhelpful rubbish. My friends turn off when they hear him waiting for the race in blissful silence.I could write a book on his non funny quips but I guess his thick skin would regard it as a big deal for the funniest (not) man on trackside. Come back Mick all is forgiven !!

39 minutes ago, john legend said:

Am I becoming a grumpy old man or do others cringe when Steve Davis is expected to say something funny about trotting ? He should stick to Auctioneering (which he is no. 1 at)He makes a mockery of trotting and obviously has no rapport with the normal commentators and comments men who from their replies like his stupidity even less than I do. (but h ave to put up with his inane,unhelpful rubbish. My friends turn off when they hear him waiting for the race in blissful silence.I could write a book on his non funny quips but I guess his thick skin would regard it as a big deal for the funniest (not) man on trackside. Come back Mick all is forgiven !!

You are dead correct John.

He is extremely unfunny and just waffles inane crap continuously.

He should not be fronting trackside at all and if he is cheap then don’t have him doing the trots. 

Dogs and gallops fine as I don’t generally watch them.

Bring back Sheldon or Justin or someone that knows harness or at least someone that doesn’t talk shite all the time

Can not see how the TAB can not see how bad he is?

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are dead correct John.

He is extremely unfunny and just waffles inane crap continuously.

He should not be fronting trackside at all and if he is cheap then don’t have him doing the trots. 

Dogs and gallops fine as I don’t generally watch them.

Bring back Sheldon or Justin or someone that knows harness or at least someone that doesn’t talk shite all the time

Can not see how the TAB can not see how bad he is?

He may not be suited to harness but he is professional and entertaining for gallops (and from what I have seen on dogs as well although that is limited)

Guest Hunterthenutter
43 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Good guy.

I like bantering with him at the sales.

is good guy lucky to have a channel called trackside better than old days of just hearing races on the radio and results in Mondays paper

8 hours ago, chelseacol said:

He may not be suited to harness but he is professional and entertaining for gallops (and from what I have seen on dogs as well although that is limited)

Col, I am sure he is a good guy and seems like a very good auctioneer.

Why can’t he just talk sense when he is on and cut out all the peripheral crap about absolutely nothing worthwhile.

We were spoilt with the Canterbury boys Justin and Sheldon in earlier days.

The best presenters for Trackside all seem to come from a Christchurch including Greg O’Connor and Matt Cross as they are true harness enthusiasts who don’t waffle and tend to inform !

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Col, I am sure he is a good guy and seems like a very good auctioneer.

Why can’t he just talk sense when he is on and cut out all the peripheral crap about absolutely nothing worthwhile.

We were spoilt with the Canterbury boys Justin and Sheldon in earlier days.

The best presenters for Trackside all seem to come from a Christchurch including Greg O’Connor and Matt Cross as they are true harness enthusiasts who don’t waffle and tend to inform !

Bring back Justin LeLievre.