RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

riccarton track conditions etc

51 minutes ago, newbie85 said:

Pam I think you will find that the Trustees have SOLD the land to Ngai Tahu.

Your mission is to find out how much they got for it 20 Million, 30 Million or 50 Million

They tell me it's "TOP SECRET" SO good luck

No problem.....:ph34r:

A little,  further to the discussion....but the amount I will not disclose out of courtesy at this point in time.

The Racecourse Reserve Trustees have been paid a deposit by Ngai Tahu property.development.  The Trustees [ NOT the  CJC ] will invest the sum,  the interest on that will go the the CJC for racing funding matters,  more of the same will follow that path as further payments are made.

You can easily look up the personnel on the Board of Trustees.

10 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

A little,  further to the discussion....but the amount I will not disclose out of courtesy at this point in time.

The Racecourse Reserve Trustees have been paid a deposit by Ngai Tahu property.development.  The Trustees [ NOT the  CJC ] will invest the sum,  the interest on that will go the the CJC for racing funding matters,  more of the same will follow that path as further payments are made.

Are the Board Members either on the Board or former Board Members of the CJC.

If so could this be a "conflict of interest"

Question. Do you know the exact ammount the Trustees will receive.

13 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

Pam how do you local trainers feel about the development? 

Some are not impressed ...none of us want to see the trees and spacious areas gone, but the more pragmatic are happy to see progress.

One point of concern to all is the loss of the pony club/ chute area where horses had a nice walk through the trees and were able to be exercised off the track in the old pony club grounds.

I don't think any thought or consideration was ever given to that side of things.

Also, with respect to further stabling areas being developed, the space is very limited for that purpose now.

I guess no one ever envisaged the scope of development of stable complexes back in the 70's....but if only there had been some plan or design made instead of the hotch-potch of barns and shelters and stable blocks thrown up with little thought to access for feed delivery trucks, manure removal, transporters, etc.

Pam, any updates on what was paid. I see sections are selling between $205-300,000 with 600 + sections so not hard to do the sums. 

Lets presume they get 30% so 40+ million in the bank.

19 minutes ago, newbie85 said:

Any updates Pam

And have you seen any changes.... free Coffee every Tue & Thurs

Hell no....!

And my take on any specific figure is that as the board of trustees - as separate from the board of the cjc- have been and/or will be the recipient of any funds, this will not be shown in the normal balance of accts at CJC board meetings.