RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ngatimaru

OK Caffers Your Thoughts

Me & my Bro have a mare.

Nobility.

Batchelor Duke x Palmy a Danehill mare

In foal to Super Easy.

was wondering if you guy's had any thoughts about a mating Stallion for next season ?

Our finances stretch between a Quickie through the hedge to about $7000

Interested in your replies...

4 hours ago, ngatimaru said:

Me & my Bro have a mare.

Nobility.

Batchelor Duke x Palmy a Danehill mare

In foal to Super Easy.

was wondering if you guy's had any thoughts about a mating Stallion for next season ?

Our finances stretch between a Quickie through the hedge to about $7000

Interested in your replies...

Agree with the physical question above, but on pedigree consider a saddlers wells or zabeel line horse - pick up on the no 5 family that b duke is from and he was known to do well with zabeel - Or i think dalghar may also work well. Have a look

Given your mare is from a Danehill mare there would be a temptation to look for a suitable Danehill match but the stats do not suggest it is a great way to go. Here is a discussion on the Aussie site -- Thoroughbred Village

http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/inbreeding-to-danehill_topic48874.html?SID=3091-5c48b7z9b568e4c7a8ba8283101852

One post , made in 2015  : 

Inbred to Danehill 
2,881 Foals of Racing Age
1,245 Starters
546 Winners
28 Stakes winners

That is 1% SW to Starters. No magic beans here!

Agree with Dopey's approach. Look at Wrote, for example.

BTW. If a Danehill line is going to work with your mare, then Super Easy was a good choice, on paper, because of the other lines it brings in.

19 hours ago, Dopey said:

Agree with the physical question above, but on pedigree consider a saddlers wells or zabeel line horse - pick up on the no 5 family that b duke is from and he was known to do well with zabeel - Or i think dalghar may also work well. Have a look

I like Dalghar with Miwaki X

But he is just over budget.

You've done the Danehill Cross with Super Easy - and as with thoroughbred village agree re the stats. Sweynesse gives you the Lohnro/Danehill cross that has worked well - he's a quality horse at a good fee.

Try and stay away from the double Danehill cross which overall doesnt have good stats.

Good horses can come from this cross but the chances of this happening are reduced with the cross compared to without.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:18 AM, Huey said:

I'd be looking at Puccini or Complacent or the two sons of Street Cry at stud in NZ (Rageese/Telperion) with that budget.

Just my thoughts, I know Road to Rock has done well from limited opportunities here in NZ, but most of the good sons of Encosta are big, fast horses....and I’d rather go to Telperion than Rageese. I don’t think Rageese was particularly genuine...and as Telperion is a half to Kementari, it appears his dam is producing, and he’s $2k cheaper...

Complacent is the best performed, best value young stallion in NZ..

Since the Zabeel/Danehill cross seems to work well how about Verdi (Zabeel x Miss Opera), Danehill free? Yes I know the answer but he stands in the Sth Island (the other end of the world) but think about it, Sth Islanders have been sending their mares to Nth Island studs and yearlings to the sales for years! Agistment costs in the Sth are normally very reasonable as well. :-)

Zabeel  served  129 Danehill mares and got 3 Group One winners.   One of those mares produced 2 of those Group One winners so    only 1 from the other 128.

Considering that it was mixing the two best bloodlines in this part of the world I don't believe it was a good cross. 

On 2/25/2018 at 9:57 PM, Swynford said:

Zabeel  served  129 Danehill mares and got 3 Group One winners.   One of those mares produced 2 of those Group One winners so    only 1 from the other 128.

Considering that it was mixing the two best bloodlines in this part of the world I don't believe it was a good cross. 

What are the stats for Danehill over Zabeel mares?

Don't know what I did there.

But she is Booked into Swenesse at Novara Park.

Now have to choose a suitable agistment farm, as it is a Walk in Walk out Stud.

As I in Wanganui, I cant do it.

Any Suggestions ??

26 minutes ago, ngatimaru said:

Don't know what I did there.

But she is Booked into Swenesse at Novara Park.

Now have to choose a suitable agistment farm, as it is a Walk in Walk out Stud.

As I in Wanganui, I cant do it.

Any Suggestions ??

Club Med Lodge at Taupiri...they do a good job. Contact is Vicki Pascoe...