RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
optical

2018/19 Stallions

Just looking into the new season and given the trend of sales results - a strong bias for stallions with Australian appeal! About 9 new stallions last year and it will be interesting what comes in for the coming season. Imagine the two new Cambridge ones will be after their 4yo season if things go well...

Anything else on the radar?

I would prefer to support proven stallions such as Swiss Ace, but there weren't many in the yearling sales across the 3 books despite the number of mares served. New season sires turn out to be a popularity contest.

6 minutes ago, skoozi said:

I would prefer to support proven stallions such as Swiss Ace, but there weren't many in the yearling sales across the 3 books despite the number of mares served. New season sires turn out to be a popularity contest.

Not sure if your logic is correct. Swiss Ace had 9 yearlings in Book 1 and 2 in 2018. In 2017 Swiss Ace had 26 yearlings in Premier and Select.

With similar mare numbers served for each of those yearling crops,what does that tell you?

26 vs 9 (or 15 if you count book 3) my guess is that either people are breeding to race or they could not get into the sale ? I realise that some would be sold in Oz but for a stallion with approx 65% runners to winners strike rate, I thought that there would be more on offer. 

47 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

Not sure if your logic is correct. Swiss Ace had 9 yearlings in Book 1 and 2 in 2018. In 2017 Swiss Ace had 26 yearlings in Premier and Select.

With similar mare numbers served for each of those yearling crops,what does that tell you?

Please elaborate.( I asked the same question in "Sales" on February 3rd as to why there were so few Swiss Aces presented after selling pretty well the previous sale)

Letham's new horse an interesting prospect .........technically arrived last season I think but 2018 his first serious go at the open market ....

A Grp 1 winner and durable with it, winning 10 in total ....haven't seen him in the flesh but great looking animal from the pics .... another option esp for CD breeders who wish to keep their mares local ....

On 2/19/2018 at 8:44 PM, skoozi said:

26 vs 9 (or 15 if you count book 3) my guess is that either people are breeding to race or they could not get into the sale ? I realise that some would be sold in Oz but for a stallion with approx 65% runners to winners strike rate, I thought that there would be more on offer. 

Just check out his number of runners...I do like this horse...but somewhere along the way I recall being told they are not the best legged animals....can someone qualify this please?

On 3/20/2018 at 7:29 AM, La Zip said:

Just check out his number of runners...I do like this horse...but somewhere along the way I recall being told they are not the best legged animals....can someone qualify this please?

I haven't had any problems with the Swiss Ace foals I have breed but I think that was a concern when he first appeared at stud, much the same as Savabeel when thoughts of the progeny maybe club footed, I guess you see faults but it isn't until the foals hit the ground that it can be confirmed or dismissed and then the race track stats confirm their ability to run.