RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

Couldn't be.could it.

Well it is called the Auckland "Trotting" Club after all!

Might have to be a rethink of the business plan in a few major stables .... considering you could probably count on one hand the number of trotters they have in work between them!

I wonder if it's dawned on the Auckland Property Development , oops sorry, Auckland Trotting Club board yet that simply throwing endless money at their vanity project - stake money - isn't the answer to the industries woes in the north after all?

Not looking that great for Auckland Harness.

Trotting looks reasonably sound but being propped up a bit by former South Island Horses.

What is going on as the stakes are better than the S.I.?

Must be the training costs being too high, and living costs higher than down south

Its a disaster waiting to happen. loose class trotters are not the best risk for large punters who have to factor in the risk of at least2 or more breakers.We have a betting syndicate operating on friday nights and atc fields a joke. can predct the turnover will be their lowest friday in  years.They have lost sight of the core business and the new CEO can talk about the great future but must address the present malaise.Gee even Danke could have started 5 times in the one night !!! Still it is the middle of wint............ and horses out ... nooooooooooooo silly me its still summer. 

Yes Auckland stakes are higher than elsewhere but costs also higher and confidence in racing horses up here is dropping rapidly.

Even though fields are generally small ,its not a great deal easier to win as the bands tend to be very wide so its not like v like.

But the rot has set in and the ATC's  attempts at racing lower rated horses ......rating 40 - 49 .....has received a poor response ,which is disappointing.

My guess is people think that a couple of smart young maidens will swoop in and run 2.41 or better.

Hence connections prefer to venture down to Otaki or Manawatu.

Auckland stakes need to be even higher and the bands need to be narrower so its like v like with maybe conditions put on the race for lower rated horses so stakes spread around a bit.

Horses cost the same to train and feed and transport !

10 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

But the rot has set in and the ATC's  attempts at racing lower rated horses ......rating 40 - 49 .....has received a poor response ,which is disappointing.

My guess is people think that a couple of smart young maidens will swoop in and run 2.41 or better.

Maidens (MR horses) are excluded from nominating for the lower rated race mentioned ..... I think you're correct that connections see an easier option in travelling to the CD.

2 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Maidens (MR horses) are excluded from nominating for the lower rated race mentioned ..... I think you're correct that connections see an easier option in travelling to the CD.

OK....I said it was only a guess.....I am in on a couple of slow horses who really have little show of winning a race let alone paying their way and the trainer and synd. manager say we will try our luck at Cambridge [where it's considered easier] or go to CD ,where easier again !

So far no one has said we will continue racing at Auckland in 40-49 race.

With horses who have won a few races but obviously reached their mark ,and can't even place now its...." we will wait for winter when its easier !"

I can't understand why we can't race at ATC against horses with similar issues.....like v like.

I believe this is why owner confidence has plummeted.

If a horse earns say $10k a season ,work out the deficit and add any residual value in selling to Aussie and as long as horse hasn't won a M0 race I believe buyers still there and the total sum allows owners to go again or go forever !

13 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Yes Auckland stakes are higher than elsewhere but costs also higher and confidence in racing horses up here is dropping rapidly.

Even though fields are generally small ,its not a great deal easier to win as the bands tend to be very wide so its not like v like.

Hence connections prefer to venture down to Otaki or Manawatu.

Auckland stakes need to be even higher and the bands need to be narrower so its like v like with maybe conditions put on the race for lower rated horses so stakes spread around a bit.

Horses cost the same to train and feed and transport !

Excellent synopsis of the issues ATC faces TM

35 minutes ago, eljay said:

Do clubs ring around trainers when they leave noms open?

I'd like to think that all trainers are aware of what races are coming up ,and on acceptance day they are alert to both Accepting and then if fields are short ,accepting on the second chance !

Ive always thought that if a current register was kept on-line of all horses ready and keen to race then clubs could make sensible adjustments to their program.

It would be obvious as to what classes / rating bands need an extra race and what groups extremely short.

Also better co-ordination between ATC and Cambridge.

Guest Hunterthenutter

be some good racing next Friday night at the park oaks ect

Guest Hunterthenutter
2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Hopefully some bigger fields, and there will be some good southerners up as well.

there be some good racing as there are south island horses going north for oaks and derby