RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bloke

Feature Race Winners' Pedigrees

It is good  that Trackside provides the pedigrees of horses winning feature races. However, It would be great if they delved thoroughly into the pedigrees rather than just giving the Sire and Dam of the winning horse.

For example after yesterday's Avondale Guineas if they had researched more fully they would have seen that the grand dam of On The Rocks is Refused The Dance who is the Dam of VRC Derby and Melbourne Cup winner, Efficient.

I used to enjoy Alexander Fields how he did his home work on breeding and used to go into the pedigrees of well bred horses prior to races..

25 minutes ago, bloke said:

It is good  that Trackside provides the pedigrees of horses winning feature races. However, It would be great if they delved thoroughly into the pedigrees rather than just giving the Sire and Dam of the winning horse.

For example after yesterday's Avondale Guineas if they had researched more fully they would have seen that the grand dam of On The Rocks is Refused The Dance who is the Dam of VRC Derby and Melbourne Cup winner, Efficient.

I used to enjoy Alexander Fields how he did his home work on breeding and used to go into the pedigrees of well bred horses prior to races..

bloke Refused The Dance is also the dam of Guillotine who sired Southern Princess the winner of Race 5 at Ellerslie yesterday.

Yes, Sky Racing viewers used to bag Caroline Searcy when she did the mounting yard comments...her knowledge of pedigrees is excellent, so I guess it’s striking a balance between how much info to disperse. If you’re like me, too much pedigree info can never be enough....my motto: good horses come from good families!