RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Graham Pascoe

Van Winkle

Graham the first Van Winkle was a bay colt  bred in 1966 by E.L. Healy. He raced 28 times for 6 wins. Noel Eales won four with him at three and four and Evan Rayner won two with him at five. He raced for his Breeder. His first start was at Woodville on 6/12/69 running fourth ridden by Kaye Tinsley. He won his fifth start at Hawera on 11/2/70 ridden by David Peake. He won again at Hawera on the 18/3/70 ridden by Bruce Marsh then at Marton on 29/4/70 ridden by David Peake. His fourth win was at Wanganui on 9/12/70 ridden by David Peake. He was promoted from second when the winner Purdie was relegated. Evan took him over at five and won twice with him. Riccarton 6/11/71 ridden by Bob Skelton and four days later also at Riccarton ridden by Ray Cleaver. Hope this helps!

Thanks i used to ride him work when Noel trained him..i lelt to go overseas before he raced..often wonder how he turned out..In fact he was a handful and was gelded. .Stref Christmas i think broke him in..No won in the stable wanted to ride him (Jake) so Noel asked me one morning if i would like to "have a go"...me a seaman taking time off only being riding track work for a few months and i was about to be untrusted with this half brothr to Golden Defoe. .any how we clicked and he became my best friend. .it was a difficult day that  i walked out on him..I do no that Wayne who worked for Noel was chosen to ride him next morning and he didn't like him one bit and dropped him..so i gathered he must have missed me like i did him..

Thanks so much for the info..

Kindest Regards Graham Pascoe 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Again I appeal to my memory and the knowledge of Gubes: Sixties, a big chestnut by Howe out of Orsova. Top galloper Golden Defoe?

Yes he was big  ..David Racklander i think won on him a couple of times..

Blue Golden Defoe was a Ch colt bred in 1959 by Mr and Mrs W.L. Aynsley. He raced 52 times for 12 wins. Owned by H.S. Hill and trained by Ray Cotter at Te Rapa.

Wins

Pukekohe 1/12/62 Norm Holland

Trentham 9/3/63 Des Wyatt

Te Rapa 16/11/63 Jimmy Hayes

Te Aroha 7/12/63 Jimmy Hayes

Te Rapa 14/11/64 Grenville Hughes

Te Aroha 5/12/64 Grenville Hughes

Te Aroha 11/12/65 David Raklander

Ellerslie 27/12/65 Queen Elizabeth David Raklander

Next start ran second to Apa in the 1966 Auckland Cup

Manawatu 19/3/66 Bubs Jenkins

Pukekohe 4/3/67 Russell Sutherland

Ellerslie 4/11/67 Derek Sanderson

Ellerslie 26/12/67 Queen Elizabeth Derek Sanderson.

Unplaced 1968 Auckland Cup