RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
weasel57

BS from AS?

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Thank you La Zip for your balanced observation. I think Scoobydoo is the Parochial one. Why is is it that some do the Louis Armstrong when a NZ horse wins in Oz but when a heralded horse fails the big defence goes up? Embellish got bloused in the KM and got run over today after a soft run in transit. On his run, he can't win a Group race in Oz. Compare his run with that of Cliffs Edge from a wide alley. Embellish from his inside gate was ridden a treat by OP - who didn't spend a cent in the run. He can't beat Grunt on that  performance and if a kiwi bred wins the AG, it's more likely to be Grunt. 

Gee Mick Price has three nice horses going there Trumpy. All impressive even if unlucky in the case of Mighty Boss.

Guest 2Admin2
8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

What a load of tripe... some of the biggest load of bollocks seen for a while...keep pushing your Aussie agenda.

That's a bit harsh.  In my opinion Trump's analysis is devoid of any parochial bias.  Embellish got the softest run and in a fast run race was in a good position to pounce or even "grind to the line".  A disappointing run and certainly not in the class of those who beat him fair and square.  I would't be surprised if we are soon notified of a "problem" with the horse. 

If it is minor I would leave the horse in OZ with a proven stallion making trainer.  On what he has done so far he would struggle in the current stallion market.  If there is a major problem which puts him out for much of this season then cut your losses and geld him.  But given he has already been bought by the cashed up Cambridge Stud owners I don't see that happening.

Guest 2Admin2
51 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m a big Embellish fan, but yesterday’s run wasn’t his best.

He’s looking like a grinder now, and he’s lost his action a bit, not sure what to read into that but if you go back to when he was an early 3yo and won at Ruakaka then compare him to yesterday you’ll see what I mean, he’s carrying his head differently and not using his front end the same way.

Bulked up in the neck perhaps?

Spot on, Trump and La Zip. I can't see Embellish improving a heap from this run, and even if he does, so will the others. He has been up for quite a while and in my opinion will struggle to improve as much as some of the others. He was easily outsprinted over a mile by Scott Base in the KM who has himself been knocked over (by three others!) over 2000. Embellish is no chump; but he's no champ. Can I say that without Scooby telling me off?? LOL

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Gee Mick Price has three nice horses going there Trumpy. All impressive even if unlucky in the case of Mighty Boss.

Yes he certainly has and interestingly, altho he gave his high opinion of Grunt during the week, he also intimated that Mighty Boss and Holy Snow are up there and that Grunt would have to still get past them. So you're right Ohakason. I'm picking they won't persevere with Embellish. He was thoroughly beaten by horses who were 2nd up in some cases, in need of the run and came from behind. I thought that Main Stage ran a cracker. 

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes he certainly has and interestingly, altho he gave his high opinion of Grunt during the week, he also intimated that Mighty Boss and Holy Snow are up there and that Grunt would have to still get past them. So you're right Ohakason. I'm picking they won't persevere with Embellish. He was thoroughly beaten by horses who were 2nd up in some cases, in need of the run and came from behind. I thought that Main Stage ran a cracker. 

Yes he did, he's a Flemington horse alright having won there. I thought Sully might do something but he was disappointing.

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

Spot on, Trump and La Zip. I can't see Embellish improving a heap from this run, and even if he does, so will the others. He has been up for quite a while and in my opinion will struggle to improve as much as some of the others. He was easily outsprinted over a mile by Scott Base in the KM who has himself been knocked over (by three others!) over 2000. Embellish is no chump; but he's no champ. Can I say that without Scooby telling me off?? LOL

Makes a nice change from not not knocking AS...

3 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

That's a bit harsh.  In my opinion Trump's analysis is devoid of any parochial bias.  Embellish got the softest run and in a fast run race was in a good position to pounce or even "grind to the line".  A disappointing run and certainly not in the class of those who beat him fair and square.  I would't be surprised if we are soon notified of a "problem" with the horse. 

If it is minor I would leave the horse in OZ with a proven stallion making trainer.  On what he has done so far he would struggle in the current stallion market.  If there is a major problem which puts him out for much of this season then cut your losses and geld him.  But given he has already been bought by the cashed up Cambridge Stud owners I don't see that happening.

I have no bias and am not parochial... I saw the race one way, some see it another thats fine thats racing... no biggie.

I thought AS behaved himself beautifully yesterday post-race..LOL ...if anything he was feeling a 'world of pain' as they flashed past the finish line. Congratulations to the Sharrock team on a great win  despite being forced wide; what might have been said if the decision had gone the other way? Thank goodness we will not need to know!