RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
DatoStar

Michael Pitman

3 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Thats not very charitable Portfolio.  Cubes can have his horses wherever he wants.  The man who does the paying does the saying.

Good luck with your horses Cubes.  I hope the next one is a dead set champion whoever trains it.  Clearly you have a sense of humour and I would love to see you at Reefton one day.

Not trying to offend cubes, don’t know him but seems a good bloke. 

But just saying, sometimes owners keep loyal a little longer than they should. 

Its an interesting one, sometimes a change of trainer can work the oracle, we have seen this many a time, i for one follow a horse that has had a change and you can get some tidy dividends, some horses seem to just be going through the motions, and get stuck into the same routine day in day out, great to see them on the beach, up the hills or even abit of eventing, variety is the spice of life. The same applies for race horses.

5 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Not trying to offend cubes, don’t know him but seems a good bloke. 

But just saying, sometimes owners keep loyal a little longer than they should. 

Maybe it’s the cattle he’s sending his trainer ?

28 minutes ago, puha said:

Maybe it’s the cattle he’s sending his trainer ?

Maybe the trainer has a say in the cattle? I am not sure, 

But come on, how many times do you see a 30 start maiden in nz still being sent around each week. 

Above comment nothing to do with cubes, but racing over all. 

33 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Maybe the trainer has a say in the cattle? I am not sure, 

But come on, how many times do you see a 30 start maiden in nz still being sent around each week. 

Above comment nothing to do with cubes, but racing over all. 

That’s the owners choice isn’t it ? Not for me though.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Its an interesting one, sometimes a change of trainer can work the oracle, we have seen this many a time, i for one follow a horse that has had a change and you can get some tidy dividends, some horses seem to just be going through the motions, and get stuck into the same routine day in day out, great to see them on the beach, up the hills or even abit of eventing, variety is the spice of life. The same applies for race horses.

There is no better example of that than the aforementioned El Chico.  John Carran brought him cheaply on Pitty's recommendation.  I think he had won 2 or 4 races and maybe $40k.  M Pitman won another 18 or 20 races with him and $600k.  AND they told him at  the time they called him El Cheato.  Remarkable training performance for one of Pitty's most loyal owners.

Guest 2Admin2
37 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

There is no better example of that than the aforementioned El Chico.  John Carran brought him cheaply on Pitty's recommendation.  I think he had won 2 or 4 races and maybe $40k.  M Pitman won another 18 or 20 races with him and $600k.  AND they told him at  the time they called him El Cheato.  Remarkable training performance for one of Pitty's most loyal owners.

El Cheato?  thats how your brother describes Kawi!

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

El Cheato?  thats how your brother describes Kawi!

That is what someone( I am not saying who) who would know told M Pitman at the time.  I hope Michael does not mind me repeating the story.

Bearing in mind that that deal was done before Kawi was even born.

El Chico - a great success story for some of my favourite people in racing - John and Evelyn(who sadly passed away last year) Carran and MR Pitman.

Though not in the class of El Chico The Governator was another example of M Pitman and team turning a cast off around.  Arrived at his place from up north with four duck eggs beside his name and was soon back at Trentham for Cup week starting three times in the week for two wins  and a third.  Tragically had to be put down afterwards but those days at Trentham were some of my best times in racing(I was lucky enough to have a quarter share in the horse with Michael and John Carran)  and i wasn't even on course.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:27 AM, uneasy said:

Gruff 

El Chico never had 3 starts in 9 days with us ever

Only time I considered taking him to the Telegraph he finished 3rd then won the Listed  Timaru Herald Stakes (which he ended up winning 3 times) 7 days later

Hi Mike, did I read in the Informant a while back that you were campaigning to get the track readings published that are taken on the morning of the races?

Any result from NZTR yet?

When I was living in Melbourne we got that as a colour coded map on major tracks at least.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Though not in the class of El Chico The Governator was another example of M Pitman and team turning a cast off around.  Arrived at his place from up north with four duck eggs beside his name and was soon back at Trentham for Cup week starting three times in the week for two wins  and a third.  Tragically had to be put down afterwards but those days at Trentham were some of my best times in racing(I was lucky enough to have a quarter share in the horse with Michael and John Carran)  and i wasn't even on course.

Yet another example of South Island horses winning during Wellington Cup Carnival