RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
DatoStar

Michael Pitman

There is enough racing at Riccarton to to keep his team occupied, most of the time. 

They need to sort out the starting gate people though as that was a debacle in the last race yesterday. 

Read the Stipendary Report to see the carnage, and probably career ending of up to five horses. 

4 hours ago, puha said:

Which West Coast club didn’t give Mr P boxes so gave them the heave ho also ? Motto is don’t pee off Mr P ! :)

I've pissed him off in my time but he has been a good friend to the Reefton JC.  The motto is don't bite the hand that feeds you. Greymouth was the  Club that lost his usual boxes to fire then told him there were none available when he wanted some. His reaction?  I won't come back.  There are plenty of better stake racedays at Riccarton anyway.  Closer to home and a vastly superior track to the Coast and/or Invercargill. 

Probably best to stay away today. The way some the races were run down there today were a farce.

Coulee winning the 'open class' race went more than a second slower than the maiden race, and the cup was a dawdle fest with the first 3 all the way over the 2600m the first 3 home.

13 hours ago, uneasy said:

Gruff 

El Chico never had 3 starts in 9 days with us ever

Only time I considered taking him to the Telegraph he finished 3rd then won the Listed  Timaru Herald Stakes (which he ended up winning 3 times) 7 days later

FD4D2642-7F79-4425-8580-FE5C953EFC25.png

0186AB07-3A3F-4D37-8A12-8D103B498CEB.png

EDD407CA-3580-49D6-B7FC-0FF2C26391D0.png

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Sorry was 11 days on a few occasions  and on the fast back up numerous times. No biggie followed the horse religiously from the first time I saw him at Ellerslie . Special Animal

I think you made your point so please drop it now...cheers.

I made my point , hard to knock Mr Pitman he’s got a fine record and is a bloody good guy even taking the time to reply personally to insignificants. Rare in this game , and in one of very few sports where the fans are not treated with the respect they deserve given their patronage and financial input to their own detriment in majority of cases . Grandstand critics, couch jockeys are a necessary evil unfortunately and there’s always someone somewhere grumbling about a ride .Respect where it’s due in a tough sport but come on scoob give those on the outside there little gripe from time to time we need to vent:)

On 2/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, Insider said:

There is enough racing at Riccarton to to keep his team occupied, most of the time. 

They need to sort out the starting gate people though as that was a debacle in the last race yesterday. 

Read the Stipendary Report to see the carnage, and probably career ending of up to five horses. 

One of those horses that was affected in the last,was one that i have a small share in.Thankfully he's come thru it ok..hopefully thats the same for the others as well.

Cubes doesn't know the Pitmeister very well at all ( we don't think he knows who Cubity is ) .

The Cube stable is trained by others at Riccarton

But in our limited dealings as a sponsor and CJC member we have always found him to be friendly , knowledgeable and engaging

Apart from that , as a trainer who has won the South Island Premership about a million times and  the National premiership as well , and trained in excess of 1000 winners , he has Cubinators respect 

40 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Cubes doesn't know the Pitmeister very well at all ( we don't think he knows who Cubity is ) .

The Cube stable is trained by others at Riccarton

But in our limited dealings as a sponsor and CJC member we have always found him to be friendly , knowledgeable and engaging

Apart from that , as a trainer who has won the South Island Premership about a million times and  the National premiership as well , and trained in excess of 1000 winners , he has Cubinators respect 

Your a loyal man cubes. Must admit, I think after the limited success you have had, I would have tried a different stable a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Your a loyal man cubes. Must admit, I think after the limited success you have had, I would have tried a different stable a long time ago. 

Thats not very charitable Portfolio.  Cubes can have his horses wherever he wants.  The man who does the paying does the saying.

Good luck with your horses Cubes.  I hope the next one is a dead set champion whoever trains it.  Clearly you have a sense of humour and I would love to see you at Reefton one day.

Remember it’s not a level playing field top end yards get the 100 k plus horses and the rest of us make do with lower end horses in dollar terms . Smaller stables have just as much commitment and horsemanship but are at a disadvantage with the quality of horse that first arrives if your talking numbers.Great game as one out of the box can turn up in any stable no matter the breeding or price it was purchased for.Hoping you get one Cubes you deserve it .