RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Otaki transferred to Hastings....

And there were three weeks between the harness and this meeting. Surely plenty of time for the track to be restored and recover? You do have to wonder though, how on earth could there be patches of dead grass on the track?

28 minutes ago, Leggy said:

And there were three weeks between the harness and this meeting. Surely plenty of time for the track to be restored and recover? You do have to wonder though, how on earth could there be patches of dead grass on the track?

Reap what you sew or don't sew............

3 hours ago, Patiti said:

Blame the harness?????

Haven't heard any other grass track bag the harness code for spoiling their track.

Why is Trentham or Awapunui not options as they are closer.

Great question as Trentham is in fantastic order. 

Sorry Otaki has pulled out, fallen out with Awapuni & Trentham or RACE. 

What a mess!

7 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

That is sad if it is so... ass kicking needed maybe???

Over the last few years things haven't gone their way. Whatever they have done/tried hasn't worked in their favour.

Allowing two days of trots so close to the Group one Day didn't work and their remedial work on the track has only made matters worse. [Sadly so I am informed]

Furthermore, pulling out of [or were they pushed] out of RACE means that they are now alone, maybe that's why they weren't in a position to race at Trentham [best choice] or Awapuni.

Anyway, once they are completely clear of RACE, watch the resurgence of the Otaki Racing Club when a couple of the cash rich Tribes come to their rescue. After all a couple of million is all they need to put things right and that's a drop in the bucket with the cash they have available after some lucrative payouts and wise investments.

You heard it here first! 

Guest 2Admin2
11 minutes ago, Insider said:

Over the last few years things haven't gone their way. Whatever they have done/tried hasn't worked in their favour.

Allowing two days of trots so close to the Group one Day didn't work and their remedial work on the track has only made matters worse. [Sadly so I am informed]

Furthermore, pulling out of [or were they pushed] out of RACE means that they are now alone, maybe that's why they weren't in a position to race at Trentham [best choice] or Awapuni.

Anyway, once they are completely clear of RACE, watch the resurgence of the Otaki Racing Club when a couple of the cash rich Tribes come to their rescue. After all a couple of million is all they need to put things right and that's a drop in the bucket with the cash they have available after some lucrative payouts and wise investments.

You heard it here first! 

Tell us more.  And why now?  Especially after they have plundered the NZTR capital fund.  As for the trots - been OK every year except this one.  

10 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Tell us more.  And why now?  Especially after they have plundered the NZTR capital fund.  As for the trots - been OK every year except this one.  

I have told you all I know. 

I know nothing about them plundering the NZTR capital fund. Please give some details.

Yes the trots have been OK other years BUT this year as you and all of us know, the track has been beset with problems and running the trots with full fields over two days and then trying to rectify the damage plus other things that they tried DIDN'T work out.

That's what I know of as the facts, or as reported to me by SOMEONE in the know.

It is not my opinion or my guess, and I have told you all I know.

25 minutes ago, Insider said:

I know nothing about them plundering the NZTR capital fund. Please give some details.

Yes the trots have been OK other years BUT this year as you and all of us know, the track has been beset with problems

C'mon Liz. This project was supposed to fix the problem of drainage that they are now blaming and it cost megabucks of industry money.

https://www.nzracing.co.nz/News/8322/Otaki-Track-Drainage-Project.aspx

http://www.mexteds.co.nz/our-news/otaki-racing-boosted-by-new-drainage-instal

The design failed to get the water to run uphill though.

The track has not been beset with problems just this year. I don't think 2 mil will fix it. 4 mil maybe?

59 minutes ago, Insider said:

You heard it here first! 

Just like when they bought The Warriors, Pukawhatsitsname resort at Pauanui, etc. Surely the Tribes have better management these days and don't put money into this sort of rubbish anymore?

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

C'mon Liz. This project was supposed to fix the problem of drainage that they are now blaming and it cost megabucks of industry money.

The track has not been beset with problems just this year. I don't think 2 mil will fix it. 4 mil maybe?

I am NOT saying that I am the expert, I am simply telling you and others what I have been told.

However I will say that in my opinion, once upon a time the Otaki surface was the best in the North Island when it was grazed by the sheep and to the best of my knowledge, Otaki hasn't been hit by an earthquake causing any topographical changes so your reference to water flowing uphill has me confused.

Liz 

5 minutes ago, Insider said:

I am NOT saying that I am the expert, I am simply telling you and others what I have been told.

However I will say that in my opinion, once upon a time the Otaki surface was the best in the North Island when it was grazed by the sheep and to the best of my knowledge, Otaki hasn't been hit by an earthquake causing any topographical changes so your reference to water flowing uphill has me confused.

Liz 

"Best in the North Island???" You really have lost it. 

8 minutes ago, Insider said:

Liz 

I make no claims to be a hydro-engineer either Insider, but it seems to me that no earthquake is or was required here. However, if the water level of a catchment area rises for other reasons to above the level of the drainage area, then no amount of additional drainage could ever work except when that catchment level sufficiently subsides. Go have a look. The project was nuts and a complete waste of industry money as current events are proving.

That said, they may have access to the money to fix it and again make Otaki one of the best surfaces in the country. I hope so, but it WILL take time and money.

Before I answer that, how many tracks are there in the North Island? I don't know, but to answer your question, Trentham, is the first that comes to mind - and I'm sure that Insider will agree that it's a better track than Ohhhtarkey!

Guest 2Admin2
9 hours ago, Leggy said:

Didn't NZTR pour funds into training facilities that benefited a few select? Whom of at least one have joined the exodus north and west.

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Just like when they bought The Warriors, Pukawhatsitsname resort at Pauanui, etc. Surely the Tribes have better management these days and don't put money into this sort of rubbish anymore?

Well it is called The Otaki Maori Racing Club and the Iwi has owned it for over a century. Unlike the cowboys who bought The Warriors