RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blind Squirrel

Singapore RAce 8 result

ace 8 - 21:35 - TAB NZ CLASS 4 (Kranji R8) 1200 m
Refresh

Stake: $60,000 Track: GOOD Weather: OVERCAST
#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place

5 Stunning Cat John Powell 5.70 1.80
8 Magic Wand Nooresh Juglall   1.20
3 Knight Wager Michael Rodd   3.10
Bet Type
Runners
Dividend

Quinella 5, 8 12.00
Trifecta 5:8:3 119.50
DBL concession 8/8 144.90
DBL concession 8/3 62.10

On much the same subject I am sick and tired of commentators calling across the line incorrect order. Appreciated it can be difficult but just happens all the time now. Its usually the 3rd placing and often its just not even close.

Which therefore leads to the judges call. Again I can appreciate TV schedules but the idea of a judge is he should be expert in a visual call. This waiting around for a "call" is not good enough. The judges call should be available by the time the horses pull up fitting in with TV presentation and up on the web soon after.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

On much the same subject I am sick and tired of commentators calling across the line incorrect order. Appreciated it can be difficult but just happens all the time now. Its usually the 3rd placing and often its just not even close.

Which therefore leads to the judges call. Again I can appreciate TV schedules but the idea of a judge is he should be expert in a visual call. This waiting around for a "call" is not good enough. The judges call should be available by the time the horses pull up fitting in with TV presentation and up on the web soon after.

The judges call needs to wait until the jockeys come back into hearing distance so they know what gate to go in.

17 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Slam Dunk, I'm not too upset at the occasional human error.

Hell, many has been the time when I - just watching my own horse - have thought 'Yay, it ran third' ... only to eventually be presented with photographic proof that it did no such thing.

If I am going to run amok with a shotgun vis-a-vis commentators (and presenters are worse) it'll be those who say:

'We get the judge's call as soon as we can if I ever shut up this inane babble'

Judge: 'third is No 5, fourth is No. 2 and fifth is No 16. The margins? A very short nose...'

13 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

Slam Dunk, I'm not too upset at the occasional human error.

Hell, many has been the time when I - just watching my own horse - have thought 'Yay, it ran third' ... only to eventually be presented with photographic proof that it did no such thing.

If I am going to run amok with a shotgun vis-a-vis commentators (and presenters are worse) it'll be those who say:

'We get the judge's call as soon as we can if I ever shut up this inane babble'

Judge: 'third is No 5, fourth is No. 2 and fifth is No 16. The margins? A very short nose...'

Nicely written - that happens so often I cannot believe they haven't got a simple bit of co-ordination going between TV and judge - they can manage it with the commentator !

As usual Oz racing shows us the way, if only we weren't too damn stubborn to follow.

Ever noticed how swiftly they show an official photo-finish on TV over there - often within seconds of horses flashing across the line...

we don't need to hear the official judges call on TV, just some nous from Trackside presenters eg concentrating on getting placegetters' saddlecloth numbers communicated to us verbally and on-screen as swiftly and clearly as possible.