RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
weasel57

Does Cindy Have A Home To Go To?

I'm thinking of starting either a Fan Club or a Charitable Trust for Getalonghome Cindy ...3rd at Te Rapa today, an acceptor for Pukekohe tomorrow (not scratched at time of posting)

9 starts since beginning of Nov 2017 and 16 since September last year...gave a good honest account of herself and placed 2nd in a Dunstan Qualifier behind King's Cross in early Dec..

She will sleep well tonight ..(ut may have to get up early tomorrow and head for Pukekohe !!)

Despite the fact she's a 7 year old her owner and trainer still consider her a professional racehorse so why, if they feel she's sound and fresh enough, should she not line up with a 7-10 day gap between races? It's usually a couple of weeks anyway.Agreed she would have been tired after her last race but she made a race of it and earned a bloody sight more than those who finished behind her. Give her three days off, trot her for half an hour the next two, breeze her up over 600 metres on Thursday and if you feel she's fresh and ready to go then line her up. Only the owner and trainer can make that call. Compare her situation with that of a managed syndicate who think their horse is actually better than what is is. $4,500 or more a month in training fees for six months and having just four starts before it';s eased and set for a bigger target which it might or might not be capable of.I have no connections with the horse at all but I think Cindy has a lot going for her and by her honesty alone must be a great source of pleasure to her owner. Racing needs more people how are prepared to actually "race" their horses.