RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
firepipe

Nz tab

Sadly, nobody is surprised. I never have any problems with overseas accounts, apart from wifi problems  sometimes. 

If Betfair are updating their sites, they give you notice by email on a low key race day, so at least you can plan. 

Tab just don’t give a shit, great promos from aus agencies too

Today was a complete disgrace.

Backed old north to win race 6 at doomben, it got up, paid $6 at all Australian TAB's.

Confirmed dividend in NZ (1.5 hours later) was $2.40. 

Robbery, people punt on the understanding that they will get the commingled price. I'm sure there is some fine print they can fall back on but just a poor experience.

2 hours ago, skoozi said:

Maybe $5 per delayed pay out to affected accounts.

No they will give $5 ,as they often do ,to people who haven't tried to bet for a few weeks so they will meet one of their top KPI's........That they will increase the number of ACTIVE accounts.

Those  receiving this 'hand out" have a limited time to invest this gift ,hence the numbers look good and achieve the target !

But its a sham !

on Monday morning, John Allen and the senior management team will have a meeting. After reading this thread they will say that about a dozen customers were not happy with our effort on Saturday. That is a very small minority of our 650,000 or so customers so we are doing a pretty good job - pats on back all round :rolleyes:

Guest 2Admin2

I'm wondering if there is evidence amongst everyone's experiences with this latest cock-up by the TAB that they lay Fixed Odds off on commingled pools.

It looks like much of their problems yesterday derived from a break in the commingled links.

Having a few bets after 4pm yesterday ,when a lot of races closing early was confusing indeed and reminded me of a business friend who was quoted....."I was making so much money I didn't know how much I was losing !".

Thought I'd better cool it so I reread the article on NZ Racing in January 20 Listener which noted the NZRB has 835 employees....136 of whom are on salaries of $100,000 , a dozen on more than $200,000 and 5 on more than $300,000.

How anyone can think that the top man deserves over $960,000 pa is beyond me.

I guess we are helping to keep some from poverty !!!

37 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I'm wondering if there is evidence amongst everyone's experiences with this latest cock-up by the TAB that they lay Fixed Odds off on commingled pools.

It looks like much of their problems yesterday derived from a break in the commingled links.

Very good point I'd say it is very good proof and ties in with the error "risk manager down" whenever one tried to place a fixed odds bet.

The communication throughout the fiasco was poor, usually you would expect a message to the bottom of the screen.

There is also a case here that the punter didn't get what they thought they were purchasing, I.e. It was not in any way clear that when placing a tote bet (which was our only option for hours) that the bet was going to be placed in a non commingled pool.  Also the dividends which were flashing before and after the race were nothing like the confirmed results they put up, in some cases, hours later. If this was in any other industry, heads would roll and there would be large amounts of compensation but the likely takeout from this fiasco would be something along the lines of what von smallhoussen outlined earlier.

analogy - imagine if there was only 1 petrol company in NZ. If that petrol company continually supplied crap petrol as in contaminated with water, the customers would kick up merry hell and the Government would do something about it. What is the difference with that and the NZ TAB/NZRB ?

49 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Is that number what he actually gets or a guess?  Can't be getting that much.

Good question.....I took that figure direct from Jan 20 Listener article....thought it way too much !

The NZRB Annual Report said it was between $650-660k ,probably more like it.

But still obscene IMO !

John does seem a likeable fella but !!!!!

19 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

analogy - imagine if there was only 1 petrol company in NZ. If that petrol company continually supplied crap petrol as in contaminated with water, the customers would kick up merry hell and the Government would do something about it. What is the difference with that and the NZ TAB/NZRB ?

The difference is there is NOT only one petrol company in NZ. The government allows competition. Imagine if the TAB had competition, onshore that is.

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Good question.....I took that figure direct from Jan 20 Listener article....thought it way too much !

The NZRB Annual Report said it was between $650-660k ,probably more like it.

But still obscene IMO !

John does seem a likeable fella but !!!!!

You know what they say about nice guys TM.....;)

2 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Petrol required by roundabout 99%.

TAB in regards to racing - would there be 2% of population punting, the most important life line of the industry.

19 hours ago, barryb said:

Stupidity is not confined to the NZ TAB, one of the Aussie bookies paid me out this on Brilliant Shine today.

4:29pm

Single > Horse Racing > Te Rapa Race 8
TE RAPA RACE 8

6. Brilliant Shine @ 16.00
Fixed Place

Barry,  note to self.:  There are 600,000+ Kiwis living in Australia. Guaranteed one of them will be working for that bookie :rolleyes:

No issues with it La Zip, nothing illegal, just a bookie who had plenty more at risk on Kawi.

Whilst the NZ TAB had $16.00 win & $3.80 a place, you could have got $101 & $16.00 like I did across the ditch. Legitimate bet and price paid.

i got $17.20 for a place on brillant shine only had $10 dollars on it with ladbrokes. on the friday afternoon. regret not having more on it . The muppets that backed kawi he was a $2.50 chance on a good - dead. about a $4 on slow and about $10 on heavy

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

He’s on 600

Don't abbreviate it, poundforpound.

Quote the full amount.

Hell, even add the cents.

$600,000.00.

That's what you, and you other good folk in your industry, are paying each and every year for the latest nonentity to 'head' your crowd!

Getting your money's worth?

2 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

Quote the full amount.

$600,000.00.

That's what you, and you other good folk in your industry, are paying each and every year for the latest nonentity to 'head' your crowd!

When you break it down,, he's only on $50,000.00 per month.... (as he mutters under his breath sacasticaly).

2 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

Quote the full amount.

$600,000.00.

Bet their mail delivery is on time though....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, hesi said:

34,250 nett

And if he is in Kiwisaver contributing at the minimum rate of 3%, he will be paying $1,500 per month and his EMPLOYER will be putting in $1,500.00 per month too....equals EMPLOYER contribution of $18,000.00 per annum.

11 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

When you break it down,, he's only on $50,000.00 per month.... (as he mutters under his breath sacasticaly).

I make that around $2655 per working day.

When you take into account the progress that has been made in the three years he has been there, the way things have really turned around and how bright the future looks, it's quite clear that we are getting some really good value for money here.