RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

TE RAPA

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Bought the same Peter and told the guy I just wanted chips, not the shop as well.

Everything was wrong about them to be honest. From the quantity and presentation, to the luke warmness and sogginess. There are some great vendors of chips at racetracks. The caravan at Ellerslie, the caravan at Avondale, the caravan at Taupo, the ones at Te Aroha. The common denominator is that the good ones are cooked in blindingly hot oil, are crispy and served fresh. :)

However, the racing was good on a surprisingly not so heavy track. It had been raining heavily this morning.

My observations of the day at Te Rapa---

1.Thought the presenters did a pretty good job putting lipstick on the pig! No fan usually of BS with his mumbling diction but he seems invested in the job and had some quite good analysis.

2.Nice to see all but one winner NZ-bred. Oz-bred horses have been dominating too many races lately.

3.Wins by 2 nice horses from Lisa Latta stable. Zacinto and Burgundy continuing to leave some good ones.

4. What the hell is going on with those orange saddlecloths and strapper vests? I know they are repetitive subliminal advertising for KFE's hubby, but the world is already contaminated with enough of that hideous hue sported by road-cones, fluoro vests, safety helmets etc , etc. They totally detract from the beauty of the equine specimens they adorn.

5.Sympathise with the chip fail as I downed some splendidly prepared ones with my wife's chilli con carne tonight.

6. Grateful we even got racing from Te Rapa today when there was a general sense of fore-boding early on.:)

P.S.--Not sure what all the caution/fear was about Start Wondering not handling the track when stats showed he had started 5 times on "slow" for win and placing and started twice on heavy for a win. Hardly hopeless.

11 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Bevan Sweeney, or has he changed his name?

Sorry as I was on course and not listening to any of that bullshit, I have no idea who was talking

But I thought Bevan was a CD comments man & Brendon was Northern.

Lol we get great Tucker at Arawa Park.  One of the best things about most of the trotting venues is you can usually scratch up a good feed.  It has been the case for a long Time now you are better of having a brunch before you go to Te Rapa.

4 minutes ago, Tomjr said:

Lol we get great Tucker at Arawa Park.  One of the best things about most of the trotting venues is you can usually scratch up a good feed.  It has been the case for a long Time now you are better of having a brunch before you go to Te Rapa.

One of the worst things is you have to sit through boring as batshit racing.

The greyhounds are more entertaining that harness and less corrupt.

41 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

1.Thought the presenters did a pretty good job putting lipstick on the pig! No fan usually of BS with his mumbling diction but he seems invested in the job and had some quite good analysis.

2.Nice to see all but one winner NZ-bred. Oz-bred horses have been dominating too many races lately.

3.Wins by 2 nice horses from Lisa Latta stable. Zacinto and Burgundy continuing to leave some good ones.

4. What the hell is going on with those orange saddlecloths and strapper vests? I know they are repetitive subliminal advertising for KFE's hubby, but the world is already contaminated with enough of that hideous hue sported by road-cones, fluoro vests, safety helmets etc , etc. They totally detract from the beauty of the equine specimens they adorn.

5.Sympathise with the chip fail as I downed some splendidly prepared ones with my wife's chilli con carne tonight.

6. Grateful we even got racing from Te Rapa today when there was a general sense of fore-boding early on.:)

P.S.--Not sure what all the caution/fear was about Start Wondering not handling the track when stats showed he had started 5 times on "slow" for win and placing and started twice on heavy for a win. Hardly hopeless.

Arrhhhh Chevy86 I'd kill for some good chips....broccoli and baby spinach are my daily fare !

Re Start Wondering the trainer gave him no chance on wet track at Ellerslie recently even tho those stats suggested otherwise plus he gave a great sight that day !

59 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Agree.. I was at Te Rapa today.. was pretty good - I invested in a huge sausage roll and club sandwich on Level 1 and think I did better than the chips deal :) .  I even got numerous easter eggs and a free trifecta in Race 8 from the Edge radio girls .. all I had to do was sign a piece of paper with my name and sig and got given ... Kawi, Packing Eagle and Start Wondering.. not bad as it panned out.. but not good enough.. still a good day :)

From watching on TV,there  seemed to be very few people (in fact its spot the punter) in the piblic area.. Not just Saturday but all race days .The Member's stand on Saturday was partially  full at race time. I have not been to Te Rapa for many years but shit it looks to be a depressing place. 

3 hours ago, bloke said:

From watching on TV,there  seemed to be very few people (in fact its spot the punter) in the piblic area.. Not just Saturday but all race days .The Member's stand on Saturday was partially  full at race time. I have not been to Te Rapa for many years but shit it looks to be a depressing place. 

In case you failed to spot it, was fucking pissing down most of the day.

Hamilton people are intelligent  and don’t go to events to sit in the rain.

11 minutes ago, turny said:

Te Rapa is a shithole - awful leader bias - terrible mid track - terrible food and average facilities - close the shithole down

Wow if we are closing Te Rapa then it really is lights out NZ.

In all reality South Island Racing is long for the chop before Te Rapa. Riccarton, Timaru might survive but the rest are on borrowed time.

No one here is interested in Deep South Racing and certainly zero interest in Aus.

15 minutes ago, barryb said:

Wow if we are closing Te Rapa then it really is lights out NZ.

In all reality South Island Racing is long for the chop before Te Rapa. Riccarton, Timaru might survive but the rest are on borrowed time.

No one here is interested in Deep South Racing and certainly zero interest in Aus.

Mate The Rapa us poor & terrible track - leaders bias - just very average - go to Matamata - they have much better faculties and when the big track goes in - Te Rapa is gone, thank God

1 minute ago, turny said:

Mate The Rapa us poor & terrible track - leaders bias - just very average - go to Matamata - they have much better faculties and when the big track goes in - Te Rapa is gone, thank God

They seemed to win from all over the place saturday and the best horses seemed to win most of the races so the track can't have been too shit???