RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

TE RAPA

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

Does this fucking sum up the state of NZ Racing.

On course there are NO standard jetbet forms & someone has just been dispatched along the road to the storage facility to get more.

2nd biggest day of the year,  what a joke.

BB, I will leave you with just 2 words that are symbolic of the state of NZ racing...Manawatu Gorge!  Had opportunity after opportunity to fix it but......

Guest 2Admin2

what's the bet the track is downgraded after the first....should be downgraded now!  Then there will be a rash of scratchings.....maybe not as the fields are already quite light....

4 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

what's the bet the track is downgraded after the first....should be downgraded now!  Then there will be a rash of scratchings.....maybe not as the fields are already quite light....

Heavy rain for 2 hours and yet whole time tab showing as slow7.

That a joke,almost fraudulentlty taking money under false pretenced

6 minutes ago, richie said:

Heavy rain for 2 hours and yet whole time tab showing as slow7.

That a joke,almost fraudulentlty taking money under false pretenced

Yep - hearing Aiden and BP tipping Kawi and Lizzie as bets of the day  in these conditions at short odds also make you wonder if they are ignoring the heavy downgrade

Guest 2Admin2

Why does Trackside insist on showing us the ruddy duck at Te Rapa!  Especially when the horses are in the outside parade ring!

Just watching Trackside and hearing the reports about reassessing of the track.  There's to be no down-grade yet - the jockeys are apparently happy to leave off downgrading for another race.  But the word from the stipe was it was looking more like a Slow 9 now.

So for Race 2 we carry on on a Slow7 rated track.

I'm confused!  Who decides what the track is rated - the jockeys or the officials?  

1 minute ago, 2Admin2 said:

Why does Trackside insist on showing us the ruddy duck at Te Rapa!  Especially when the horses are in the outside parade ring!

Glass half full 2A2 - they cut away from showing Pops to showing the duck in the muddy drain.  I agree seeing the horses would be my top pick but ........;)

2 minutes ago, jess said:

Just watching Trackside and hearing the reports about reassessing of the track.  There's to be no down-grade yet - the jockeys are apparently happy to leave off downgrading for another race.  But the word from the stipe was it was looking more like a Slow 9 now.

So for Race 2 we carry on on a Slow7 rated track.

I'm confused!  Who decides what the track is rated - the jockeys or the officials?  

might be a dumb question - but cant they just actually measure it?

Guest 2Admin2

uh oh!  I think some of those horses were slipping in the second!

Woops forgot there is big stake money up today!  

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Interesting... am in correct in saying that if they keep it at Slow 7 then trainers cannot late scratch. But as soon as they officially downgrade then the trainers can scratch.??

That's my understanding.

Just been downgraded to a Slow 8.

Just now, Ponderosa8 said:

Just tried to put a bet on Race 3 but wouldnt go through as it said RACE CLOSED.

On Trackside there was still 1 mins 20 secs showing before race start.

One day same happened to me then I realised I had paused when doing a run to beer fridge and wasn't watching live.

1 minute ago, Ponderosa8 said:

FFS... yeah happened to me too... about 5 mins ago.!!!

Brilliant.Happend to mate who gets real agro real quickwhen we watching cricket couple years ago and you could bet on runs per over.He was getting real shitty and decided to ring tab and give them an earful.After a minute of being on hold  I told him what he done,he picked his bottle up and through it at tv and that was end of watching cricket.

Well there it is ladies and gentlemen. Despite all the rain and changes in track conditions, the best horses won the best races, they came from all over the shop and there were no major upsets at all. I just hope Counties is going to happen tomorrow.