RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

TE RAPA

anyone live close to the track heard it was pissing down there today anyone got any idea about how the track might play slow range or heavy? the reckon it was dead 5 at 3.35pm today on the nz racing website

15 minutes ago, barryb said:

Solid rain currently and looks settled in.

Heavy 10 by race 2 almost certain.

In fact I would be surprised if ir proceeds.

Still raining now? Metservice rain radar suggests it might be stopping for a bit but have no idea how much trust to put in that....

1 minute ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Looks like Te Rapa could end up being a lottery... so might have to start studying fields at Riccarton on a Good 3.

Actually I am thinking the opposite.

Many of the leading chances now will struggle to win, look for horses with solid wet track form who will display form reversals today.

16 minutes ago, barryb said:

Don't get too excited mate, its solid rain again now.

Not sure if it's headed south but it eased off in Whangarei earlier but we've now had almost an inch (25mm) since 7:30. Hope there's not too many scratchings. They've all got to go through it.

15 minutes ago, barryb said:

Actually I am thinking the opposite.

Many of the leading chances now will struggle to win, look for horses with solid wet track form who will display form reversals today.

I agree with what you've said, but taking say a 4 or 5 horse multi starting on Race 1 and ending on Racing 9, you have no idea what the track will be like as the day progresses and if it ends up being downgraded (which you could select horses based on that fact) but you end up with late scratchings and then that causes Deductions..... so its like a "Box of Chocolates" and you dont know whats you're going to get.

3 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

I agree with what you've said, but taking say a 4 or 5 horse multi starting on Race 1 and ending on Racing 9, you have no idea what the track will be like as the day progresses and if it ends up being downgraded (which you could select horses based on that fact) but you end up with late scratchings and then that causes Deductions..... so its like a "Box of Chocolates" and you dont know whats you're going to get.

That's why it's called gambling. The bigger the risk, the better the odds.