RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Super interview re Lazarus

35 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Lazzie don't need a 2miler only mate :D he's had enough wins over the shorter distances to prove he's quite capable there as well......

Cheers Iraklis

Hes won 15 Grp 1's. and holds numerous records. What more does he have to do before the rest are converted. Keep up the good work I Man

21 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Good interview, but Mick appears to be mistaken claiming Cardigan Bay was the first racehorse of any code to win $1 million.

A google search reveals a thoroughbred called   CITATION was the 1st horse to achieve the honor in 1951. 

7 hours ago, lamour said:

A google search reveals a thoroughbred called   CITATION was the 1st horse to achieve the honor in 1951

That's news to me. I have seen it quoted numerous times he was the first of any code to break the mill barrier. I have a booklet produced when he returned to NZ that states the same. Interesting.?

23 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

That's news to me. I have seen it quoted numerous times he was the first of any code to break the mill barrier. I have a booklet produced when he returned to NZ that states the same. Interesting.?

I believed it for some time too as I think it was widely reported CB was the 1st in the world of either code.  Then I read somewhere about a thoroughbred  that laid claim to the achievement.   Google is a wonderful thing.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:04 PM, Spikecity said:

Who is mick trying to kid?

if popular alm should have a question mark beside his record then so should anything coming out of all stars especially the last 4 or 5 years when they suddenly turned unbeatable with almost everything they have lined up.

12 hours ago, Iraklis said:

he's had enough wins over the shorter distances to prove he's quite capable

I hope so Iraklis and that he wins the MM. If he does so he will become the first to win the ID Hunter Cup and MM in the same season. Many have tried. all have failed SO FAR. I do have a worry over the mile thought with his lack of gate speed. When a speedster leads and runs them along as in last years MM he is vulnerable to a sit and sprint situation. Lets hope he can get parked or even the lead and grind them away to another record. Hence my comment re the Meadowlands where racing is almost all a mile.  Rather that then Yonkers though ;)

12 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

What more does he have to do before the rest are converted

???????????  You are preaching to the converted just in case you hadnt noticed:unsure:

7 hours ago, maple h said:

Who is mick trying to kid?

if popular alm should have a question mark beside his record then so should anything coming out of all stars especially the last 4 or 5 years when they suddenly turned unbeatable with almost everything they have lined up.

Can you  substantiate your claims

Knock it off MapleH! listen to the interview properly!.......

Guys whateva yuh say bout MickG he has alot of knowledge of harness per the media, enthusiast and as an owner, actually only time I ever thought he was really talkin 'waffle', is back when the Mighty Freak returned to NZ and raced in the Rowe, on the Boxseat during the lead up he said 'Lyell was past his best and his ol warlegs would not be up to the rest of em' yaddah yaddah (Mick forgot to tell Lyell) and we all know what The Freak, the Mighty Creek, Creek The Freak, Monster Lyell Creek did in the Rowe :D yup! smashed dem bros, yehh boyy!!!

Cheers Iraklis

18 hours ago, lamour said:

Good interview, but Mick appears to be mistaken claiming Cardigan Bay was the first racehorse of any code to win $1 million.

A google search reveals a thoroughbred called   CITATION was the 1st horse to achieve the honor in 1951. 

Highly ironic given Guerin's claim that other people don't do their research before making such claims.  It would appear the only "research" he's done is read Ron Bisman's book!:P