RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
harewood

LAZ again. Wow!!

Well they dont come much better than Lazarus"s win in last nights Hunter Cup. The race had it all and was magnificent to watch unfold. A burn off the gate and Tiger Tara headed by Shadow Sax. TT immediately pushes off the fence forcing Laz 3 wide (very similar to what Purdon did on U Machete in Perth and he got a month) Laz gets the breeze and then Soho T charges around to get the breeze with Laz in the one one. Not content with that Purdon pulls Laz out out after 600 meters and sits parked with a lap and a half to go. Second last 400 down the back in 26.8 as TT pours it on. Thought Laz may have been struggling a bit  but like a true champ he grabbed the bit and was challenging hard at the turn when he hit the lead. Last half 400 in 28 so half in 54.8 and he is there to be run down but NOWAY. He holds them all at bay smashing the track MR by a full second. AND not forgetting Heaven Rocks who moved up 3 wide from the 600 and stormed home for 3rd.

As Adam Hamilton, notable Aussie scribe said, Laz had no right to win the race what he had to  do and he believes it is his greatest winning performance. I would probably have to agree and it must put Laz amongst the very top elite of Australasian harness horses. And as a 5 year old he just seems to be getting better. 

There was no walking or dictating from the breeze tonight. He did all the chasing and hard work and still lifted to win when needed. No flashy late sprints like Lord Module or Monkey King etc just pure  horsepower and a complete professional racehorse. A true Champ.

Well done LAZ and M Purdon. A pleasure to watch. 

4 hours ago, harewood said:

Well they dont come much better than Lazarus"s win in last nights Hunter Cup. The race had it all and was magnificent to watch unfold. A burn off the gate and Tiger Tara headed by Shadow Sax. TT immediately pushes off the fence forcing Laz 3 wide (very similar to what Purdon did on U Machete in Perth and he got a month) Laz gets the breeze and then Soho T charges around to get the breeze with Laz in the one one. Not content with that Purdon pulls Laz out out after 600 meters and sits parked with a lap and a half to go. Second last 400 down the back in 26.8 as TT pours it on. Thought Laz may have been struggling a bit  but like a true champ he grabbed the bit and was challenging hard at the turn when he hit the lead. Last half 400 in 28 so half in 54.8 and he is there to be run down but NOWAY. He holds them all at bay smashing the track MR by a full second. AND not forgetting Heaven Rocks who moved up 3 wide from the 600 and stormed home for 3rd.

As Adam Hamilton, notable Aussie scribe said, Laz had no right to win the race what he had to  do and he believes it is his greatest winning performance. I would probably have to agree and it must put Laz amongst the very top elite of Australasian harness horses. And as a 5 year old he just seems to be getting better. 

There was no walking or dictating from the breeze tonight. He did all the chasing and hard work and still lifted to win when needed. No flashy late sprints like Lord Module or Monkey King etc just pure  horsepower and a complete professional racehorse. A true Champ.

Compulsory viewing for all trotting fans. Outstanding performance given foot issues, what a champ he is.Iraklis might not surface for a few hours to sing his praises, i suspect he had another late night!!!

Oh geez, not well this mornin ;) somewhat delicate, but here, I think.......guys did yuh see The Champ, in control the whole way boom! and yeh Harewood interestin those pushouts, The Rocks copped one too, for the mighty Laz twas back to business as usual yussssss!!! but guys, guys, did you watch the run of The Rocks (if not have another look) he's comin to it this racin game still a work in progress and Nat had her work cut out again the whole way, but boy did he finish it off :D all the talent in the world wrapped up in a goof, I wish he'd get serious for once most of the time he don't even lookn like he's tryin hard at all, just out for a jog, I wonder if they have ever got him up to full noise, that's a whole lotta horse with a 'big boss' engine......be a sight to behold

GOOOO!!! The Mighty Laz!!!! congrats to his mate Mark and the crew!!!! but guys I would be remiss if I never threw in a mention for Tony H and his Temporale they nearly did it! how the hell Tony got him out of 4 back on the inner, to on the outside then forced 4 wide (he actually had a shit run) then leading in to just go down at the post, cheez that horse is tryer :D

cheers Iraklis

7 hours ago, harewood said:

You showed even more speed than Lazarus in beating Iraklis to the punch on this!:D

My reaction at the time was that McCarthy's push-out on TT was identical to Purdon's supposed transgression on UM.  I remember you said then it was a "local rule" --- is "local" Perth only, or is it Oz-wide?  If the latter, this will be a good consistency test of the Oz harness judiciary.

Interesting comment of Hamilton's.  Was last night's performance better than his 2016 NZ Cup win (when he put a great horse like Smolda to the sword)?  Was it better than last year's ID Final win (when he head to sit parked on a saucer track)?  Hard to say, imho.  The one thing that is certain is that with Lazarus there are plenty of performances to choose from!

Yeh ay Basil :D hey Harewood, were you front n centre on course? if so I'm green with (too much booze aside, all Lazzie's fault) envy must have been absolutely awesome sight, nothin like watchin harness horses doin their job.....

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Basil said:

Interesting comment of Hamilton's.  Was last night's performance better than his 2016 NZ Cup win (when he put a great horse like Smolda to the sword)?  Was it better than last year's ID Final win (when he head to sit parked on a saucer track)?  Hard to say, imho.  The one thing that is certain is that with Lazarus there are plenty of performances to choose from!

Yes interesting comment. He did quantify it as well by saying that he was live at all the above you mentioned. I beleive he was justifying his praise by the time they ran and the amount of work Laz did in the run especially when chasing hard from the 800 to the 400 and then still be able to hold off the ones with softer runs.  You are right there are many great performances to choose from and all involve  massive staying efforts on track record times. 

A G Hunter Cup......

MOONROCK NZ  $ 7,500   Sr5 12 Sonya Smith Anthony Butt 15.70 $ 75.10  

PRS 10 INC 3WLT D/S      ------- ------      -     Driver Suspended

HEAVEN ROCKS  $ 50,000   Sr2 9 Mark Purdon Natalie Rasmussen 3.50 $ 9.50   PRS FTC ODM 8 3WL RR HI VXAR SWAB D/S---------     Driver Suspended

Jayar, your point is? I take it you have one given your post......I believe Nat won't have any probs appealin that issue if you watch race replay you can clearly see The Rocks takin evasive action for a horse comin out under him and coppin interference as well.....

Cheers Iraklis

Sorry for that Iraklis, 

The way it came out was a copy/paste.

It was from the results and you have to hover the curser over the Stipes comments at end of line to read it .

At the time of posting the full report was not available to be viewed

Cheers..........

Jayar, yep know that already cheers, just Patiti asked what it meant etc, and yes been lookin for stipes report still unavailable, beggars belief why Nat would cop a suspension unless it's for summit that happened earlier in score-up..........

Cheers Iraklis

48 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Jayar, yep know that already cheers, just Patiti asked what it meant etc, and yes been lookin for stipes report still unavailable, beggars belief why Nat would cop a suspension unless it's for summit that happened earlier in score-up..........

Cheers Iraklis

Heaven Rocks is now back on the unruly again after not scoring up correctly, and is subject to a vet clearance after hanging in the running.

Cheers.

Robert.