RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cavalier241

Karaka tv coverage

Great to see a lot of the top lots either staying in NZ or bought by NZ trainers or Bloodstock agents. Te Akau has bought some outstanding lots as has Trent Busuttin and Paul Moroney.Wish them all well with them.

And what a great interview Peter Moody did with Sir Patrick.... need more like it.

Te Akau cop their share of stick, in the wash up they [Ellis] is probably the saviour, the difference between having well bred colts and some fillies, or not....he saved a few today from a dubious exit, they can at least look forward to our lovely grass and a great opportunity to reach their potential.

Thanks Shad, could not find that pop up channel for the life of me. Te Akau have bought 17 lots so far. Heard a comment today about strong buying from Hong Kong due to Australia changing quarantine laws, can only be good for the sale

I loved the "story" Sir Patrick told in the interview, scooby about how the stud was sold.

For those who missed the interview it went something like this :

Brendan Lindsay came up to Sir Patrick and said "Is it true the stud is for sale?"  Sir Patrick said yes it is for sale. Brendan holds out his hand and said well it's sold, Jo and I'll buy it from you.

Sir Patrick says " Hold on, you do not know the price etc. yet".  Brendan replies " Thats OK , we'll pay what you want not what I think it maybe worth"

38 minutes ago, Breeder said:

I loved the "story" Sir Patrick told in the interview, scooby about how the stud was sold.

For those who missed the interview it went something like this :

Brendan Lindsay came up to Sir Patrick and said "Is it true the stud is for sale?"  Sir Patrick said yes it is for sale. Brendan holds out his hand and said well it's sold, Jo and I'll buy it from you.

Sir Patrick says " Hold on, you do not know the price etc. yet".  Brendan replies " Thats OK , we'll pay what you want not what I think it maybe worth"

Nice!:)

2 hours ago, Cavalier241 said:

Thanks Shad, could not find that pop up channel for the life of me. Te Akau have bought 17 lots so far. Heard a comment today about strong buying from Hong Kong due to Australia changing quarantine laws, can only be good for the sale

62 and 63 are Trackside...next Channel is 263.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Great to see a lot of the top lots either staying in NZ or bought by NZ trainers or Bloodstock agents. Te Akau has bought some outstanding lots as has Trent Busuttin and Paul Moroney.Wish them all well with them.

And what a great interview Peter Moody did with Sir Patrick.... need more like it.

Moody got a bargain with Sir Patrick's colt by Tavistock out of Diamondlike. $750k was a steal.

1 hour ago, Scotch Thistle said:

I see a NZ Thoroughbred Racing news item referred to Sir Patrick as "the sales doyenne".

No doubt intended as flattery, but entirely missed the mark, a doyenne being the most respected or prominent woman in a particular field.

The correct word is doyen which he certainly is...............

I think the TV coverage has been great. Very enjoyable and some good interviews with various people. I had to laugh once when (I think it was Aidan Rodley) a presenter commented whilst the camera was on Duncan Ramage and Guy Mulcaster up behind the glass, with Mulcaster sitting on Ramage's left, Rodley said, "That's Guy Mulcaster sitting on Duncan Ramage's RIGHT SHOULDER". :) 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I think the TV coverage has been great. Very enjoyable and some good interviews with various people. I had to laugh once when (I think it was Aidan Rodley) a presenter commented whilst the camera was on Duncan Ramage and Guy Mulcaster up behind the glass, with Mulcaster sitting on Ramage's left, Rodley said, "That's Guy Mulcaster sitting on Duncan Ramage's RIGHT SHOULDER". :) 

AR also told KFE "he would never give her less than 3 fingers"! I think I know what he meant??;)

I think Emily Bosson is showing up her more experienced colleagues. She does some good, basic research on the lots she knows she will cover, to give really interesting background.

I don't mean to knock the others,  as they are all doing well, but Emily is just that much better. 

6 hours ago, Huey said:

yes very good , if you can't see him he sounds like Wallis .

My husband [from the other room] called out; "that sounds like Peter Kelly". 

There had been no prior discussion, nor was there any prompting, so obviously he has the voice for the job.

56 minutes ago, Breeder said:

I think Emily Bosson is showing up her more experienced colleagues. She does some good, basic research on the lots she knows she will cover, to give really interesting background.

I don't mean to knock the others,  as they are all doing well, but Emily is just that much better. 

Agree she is brilliant, as good if not better than the woman on C7 in Aus.