RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Karaka Sale Complex

They said at the start of the sales tonight that it is 30 years since the first sale at Karaka. Amazing.

I think the fact that it still looks quite new and certainly has not dated in architectural terms, shows how good the architects were and how good a job Micheal Floyd ( Wrightsons bloodstock boss at the time) and his team did with the organisation of getting the complex built. Also NZB have obviously done a great job with it's up keep.

It was a rather controversial move, at the time, to go from Trentham to Karaka but no would argue now that it was timely and the right thing to do.

I’m sure the Inglis team took a few ideas back with them to incorporate into their Riverside complex. I guess Karaka not having a hotel onsite is an inconvenience.... especially considering Auckland’s diabolical, third world traffic jams....( the only city with worse issues is Nairobi...believe me...Auckland takes the cake over just about everywhere...)

49 minutes ago, La Zip said:

I’m sure the Inglis team took a few ideas back with them to incorporate into their Riverside complex. I guess Karaka not having a hotel onsite is an inconvenience.... especially considering Auckland’s diabolical, third world traffic jams....( the only city with worse issues is Nairobi...believe me...Auckland takes the cake over just about everywhere...)

You've never been to China then....?? Try Shanghai any day....;)

IMG_2827.JPG

It took us 1 hour & 35 mins to travel from Karaka to our motel in Green Lane last night. 

We left at 4.25pm and arrived at 6.00pm. 

It was raining but that’s diabolical!

They day before I traveled from Palmerston North to Porirua in less time traveling at approximately the same time of the day. 

Thats not bad going Insider, pretty stock standard, especially when it rains. It's not uncommon to be 2 hours from the CBD to the Bombay's on a Thursday or Friday afternoon now.

I imagine NZB had little choice but to develop. Interesting to see the business case occupancy rates ex sale time.