RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yir Tiz

Avantage Syndicate & Veitch Share??

Just wondering what the syndicate "makeup" is for this horse for Veitch to clear 60k, or does someone have to sit Tony down and explain things??.

The after race and presentation scenes were great and I can see a newbie to racing may have heard $600k to the winner of the million dollar dash and 10% in the same sentence and that is what he has worked on....or have I got this wrong or perhaps better to pose the question/s like this.

A) What is the winners purse for the KM?.

B)What is the share of A that goes to Jockey,Trainer,Syndicate Administration?.

C)How many shares were allotted on this filly & at what fee?

D)Answer to C) would have to be less than 10 for this $60k to be remotely possible?

E) Someone has put Tony crook on the figures?

I am not having a go at TA or Veitchy, just this Headline does not add up for me, and if I am correct and there has been a mistake, we do need new blood (as Veitchy says in last paragraph) but not at the risk of misleading them that the asphalt of Ellerslie is paved with gold.

Tony Veitch earns $60,000 in a couple of minutes as horse Avantage wins at Karaka Million 

27 Jan, 2018 8:50pm 
 Quick Read 

L3PY3G5SIVBHLPPLMEQRYWBGXE.jpg
Avantage's win in the Karaka Million event has seen Tony Veitch win more than $60,000. Photo / Facebook
NZ Herald

Former Radio Sport and Newstalk ZB host Tony Veitch has won big in New Zealand's richest horse racing event.

Avantage tonight won the Karaka Million's 2-year-old Classic at Ellerslie.

Veitch is a member of the syndicate which owns the horse and he wrote on his social media page earlier today that if the horse won, he would be set to pocket $60,000.

Veitch also placed a $350 bet on Avantage to win the race, at odds of $3.60; winning $1260.

ADVERTISEMENT

Avantage is trained by Te Akau Racing.

Avantage. Photo / Race ImagesAvantage. Photo / Race Images

Veitch bought into the horse last year.

In October, Veitch told horsebetting.com.au he didn't have a "clue" about how the horse racing industry prior to buying in.

"I think I'm symbolic of a new breed that are coming on board because it's something different, something new.

"I wanted some different stuff in life. I was getting bored with the work/life balance and so I decided to buy in.

"It's not about the money, it's just about having that fun knowing you have a stake in the run."

If the industry leaders had any sense they would grab Tony and use him as advertisement / pin up guy / promo guy --call it what you like.

"It's not about the money, it's just about having that fun knowing you have a stake in the run."  Great promo line.

2 minutes ago, Breeder said:

If the industry leaders had any sense they would grab Tony and use him as advertisement / pin up guy / promo guy --call it what you like.

"It's not about the money, it's just about having that fun knowing you have a stake in the run."  Great promo line.

I get your point but given the backlash sky got recently I'm not sure that's a great idea. 

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Does it really matter that much.... its a good story it promotes racing and hopefully he will get more involved by pushing the fun of horse ownership.... as I said those type of scenes with that many people involved in sharing horse ownership can only be good for racing.

Sure.

So long as we leave it at that and he doesn't become some kind of brand ambassador for racing or anything silly like that..... 

14 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Does it really matter that much.... its a good story it promotes racing and hopefully he will get more involved by pushing the fun of horse ownership.... as I said those type of scenes with that many people involved in sharing horse ownership can only be good for racing.

Pick up any metro Aussie form book and 70% of starters are heavily syndicated with many having 30 plus owners

Aussie woke up to the spin off on syndications 10 years ago - and their racing is booming

1 hour ago, Breeder said:

DE  will be making sure  people know about this in his publicity platform

26 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I agree with turei chevey , but shit sticks and using him to promote horse racing would be more damaging than good,  when you have the likes of Brendan McCallum and keiran Reid who are prominent owners and not controversial.

Agree Flag--not a supporter of Veitch. Think he is a flip. The late Meadsy was a great promoter of our sport, as are a few cricketers.

20 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

.. as I said those type of scenes with that many people involved in sharing horse ownership can only be good for racing.

tell those that run trackside - they stop showing celebrations and move to let the audience watch dogs dump on the track at some outback aussie place.

Postings on here over the years would suggest many of us are a tad jealous of some of the people who win the decent races..........do you really want to see Tony J prancing around hugging all in Sundry , Karen F-E hugging and dancing with the strapper and the big syndicates hugging and kissing even tho they sometimes own a quarter of one-per cent.

and aren't we jealous of the Eric Watsons the Owen Glenns ,the rich listers in general or the lucky buggers that own a herd of champions including Lazarus etc ?

Oh , Sir Slicks owner....what a ? , and a host of other so and so's who change trainers or jockeys or sell their good horses to gain a few more $'s.

Im unsure what we want.

A start to experience the thrill of racing would be to return to the track.....see it live.......get out of the padded cell and away from the keyboard.

Oh thats right......theres too much PC security ,the drinks are poor or too expensive , the sound system is crap , bird shit on the seats ,the musics too loud and you always get caught in the queue behind some old fool like me putting my 50 cents each way on at the wrong meeting....on a scratching.

Despite the sarcasm , I think the sound systems can be improved greatly and horses should be asked to parade in front of the people and do a preliminary !

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Postings on here over the years would suggest many of us are a tad jealous of some of the people who win the decent races..........do you really want to see Tony J prancing around hugging all in Sundry , Karen F-E hugging and dancing with the strapper and the big syndicates hugging and kissing even tho they sometimes own a quarter of one-per cent.

and aren't we jealous of the Eric Watsons the Owen Glenns ,the rich listers in general or the lucky buggers that own a herd of champions including Lazarus etc ?

Oh , Sir Slicks owner....what a ? , and a host of other so and so's who change trainers or jockeys or sell their good horses to gain a few more $'s.

Im unsure what we want.

A start to experience the thrill of racing would be to return to the track.....see it live.......get out of the padded cell and away from the keyboard.

Oh thats right......theres too much PC security ,the drinks are poor or too expensive , the sound system is crap , bird shit on the seats ,the musics too loud and you always get caught in the queue behind some old fool like me putting my 50 cents each way on at the wrong meeting....on a scratching.

Despite the sarcasm , I think the sound systems can be improved greatly and horses should be asked to parade in front of the people and do a preliminary !

I have mentioned the preliminary issue a few times, it's a basic that should be compulsory, a lot of meetings they don't bother, unless the starting gates are at the top of the straight. On the other issue, good luck to the guy, funny how things change over the years, we need to move on.

4 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Im unsure what we want.

WhoTF is TonyJ? Is he a fully accredited member of the inner sanctum?

On 1/28/2018 at 5:59 AM, tonkatime said:

I am fairly sure I have heard him say he has a 10% share. 

On 1/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, Flagship uberalles said:

I fully agree tramp

Am in the same camp on that one