RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer-Autumn Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

6 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

To win:

The Five No Trumps need-

Magic Boy to win for Ian and Ray (Howie also would win his match)

I was going to cheer loudly for Magic Boy ........

but now 

.....not so much ! :D

Looks like Ian and Ray have been reading the same mail as me ! :)

TC trailing by a handful of dollars only as he goes for 14 straight ! Let' see what magic he can produce in the 'get out stakes'. If anyone can TC can. A hard race though.

2 minutes ago, Right first time said:

TC trailing by a handful of dollars only as he goes for 14 straight ! Let' see what magic he can produce in the 'get out stakes'.

And he has the same horse that will sink me and the Rubiks. You join the dots....

7 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

As it stands the AAs, Betza Grands and The Dark Horses look home. The nailbiter is whether the Rubiks can hold on to win. Magic Boy can see the Rubiks defeated and the FNTs sure to win.

Magic Boy seems to be the horse of the moment.

But it's paying plenty.

And there's probably a reason for that. :D

We'll know more in 20 minutes time.

7 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Sorry team, poor picking by me today.  We were a couple of narrow margins away from a good result today.  If you look at where we were after Round 10, we did well to give ourselves a shot at the play-offs.  Not to be, but last week was a lot of fun.  Of course we saw the flipside today but we died trying.

It's been a pleasure being in the same team as all of you - enjoyed our ongoing messaging and positive team spirit.

Congrats to the four teams who make the finals and good luck to all of you.  Shouldn't have favourites but I'll be rooting for team AA - Howie's enthusiasm and optimism are hard to go past.

Peter J - thank you once again for the most brilliant "dry & boring" comp I've ever come across - you are an absolute legend. 

Ditto to that John, loads of fun and male commaradirie.  Thanks to Steve P, Gordy, and Tony, we shall meet again I have no doubt . Somewhere;)

Throughout this latest  PJ  Tipping Competition,  I’ve learnt about Team Tipping  professionalism,  effective communication,  having fun and i have been extremely fortunate to be part of this brilliant  Team Mainly Dollarz  with my  fellow  quality  Team  Mate's ,   Captain  Brian , Jack , Richie  and The Crucible.    Thank you all.  
Thanks PJ ,   for your extraordinary weekly effort's , especially , in the way you present  your Tipping Competition each week  for  all of us to enjoy where ever we all may be  on our  Saturday's :).
Congratulation's to all the winner's.
Cheer's.

ROUND 14

Race 10 - Morphettville R8

1st - 16 Exalted Adam W-$9.80  

2nd - 6 Manuel Q-$11.40

Scr: 1,7,12,15,17,19

Sub: #6 then #3

2 FIVE NO TRUMPS (3rd)

$1370.60

2 points 

3 THE AD AUGUSTAS (1st)

$1170.60

2 points

Magic Boy never yelped so the Ad Augustas held on but all missed in the last. The final collects for the Five No Trumps came from Steve and Ian which got them across the team profit line for a bonus point to add to the one for a higher aggregate. Wrinkles just pipped Casper for AA MVP while Rob's two wuffies earned him Man of the Match honours.

202.00 Ian

269.00 Casper

104.60 Ray

257.00 Catalano

122.00 Steve

276.60 Wrinkles

696.00 Rob

157.00 Tom

246.00 Redrum

211.00 Howie

5 THE BETZA GRANDS (2nd)

$1013.60

4 points 

0 LAY DOWN MISERE (6th)

$444.80

0 points

This match was decided before the last in favour of the Betza Grands with their final collects coming from their Captain Betty while Tony took MVP honours for the Lay Down Misere with a sweet quinella in the last. The Betzas took a couple of bonus points for the margin while PJ was Man of the Match.

186.00 Betty

64.80 Gordy

200.80 Graeme

64.80 Rees

197.80 Robert

64.80 John

243.00 PJ

185.60 Tony

186.00 Dave 

64.80 Steve P

2 MAINLY DOLLARZ (7th)

$1328.40

1 point 

3 THE DARK HORSES (4th)

$1519.80

3 points

The Dollarz were beaten before the last but went out with a beaut BB quinella from Jack while TC got up to preserve his impressive unbeaten record by pipping Sam in the last. Moose stamped his Man of the Match status with a BB in the final event. The Dark Horses took a valuable bonus point for a team profit while the Mainly Dollarz did likewise in a high scoring match.

272.80 The Crucible

187.00 Skelly

400.00 Jill

295.00 Korio

196.00 Richie

287.80 Rosina

82.00 Brian

122.00 Sarah

377.60 Jack

628.00 Moose

3 THE RUBIKS* (5th)

$1041.60

2 (x 2 Joker Play) = 4 points 

2 THE ROYLE FAMILY (8th)

$1514.80

2 points

Some serious late drama here with Roland's scratching taking him on to the sub - runner-up Manuel - completing the quinella which he doubled with a BB enabling him to get up and pip Heather cancelling out Pete's last race triumph over Geoff with a BB. So The Rubiks snatched the win and with their Joker play harvested 4 points. The Royle Family took two bonus points in a return to form - one for a higher aggregate and the other for a team profit. Roland was the Rubiks MVP but his better half Jen was Match Star with a mammoth total. Thank goodness they didn't draw each other.....

276.00 Kloppite

117.80 Sharne

133.00 Hesi

110.00 Pam

146.00 Geoff

226.00 Pete

186.00 Cubes

780.80 Jen

300.60 Roland

280.20 Heather

The Final Round-Robin Table 

1st 31 Ad Augusta $15,275.20

2nd 31 Betza Grands $14,958.80

4th 25 The Dark Horses $15,468.60

5th 25 The Rubiks $15,437.00

-------- finals qualification mark---------------

5th 24 Five No Trumps $15,604.80

6th 21 Mainly Dollarz $15,543.60

7th 20 Lay Down Misere $15,129.40

8th 19 The Royle Family $13,695.80

The Ad Augusta's narrow win enabled them to cling on to the Minor Premiership title from a fast-finishing Betza Grand by just aggregate score. The Dark Horses bonus point from their team profit proved just enough to get them into the Finals while The Rubiks thrilling last race success eased them past the Five No Trumps who needed a win as it turned out to secure Finals action. The Mainly Dollarz lost and missed out but gained a small consolation climbing over the Lay Down Miseres whose cunning strategy didn't work like last week. The Royles lost and ended the comp in the cellar but put up a spirited performance today. Special mention of TC who has created a record going 14 comp matches unbeaten. A real pity he won't get the chance to extend that streak next week.

Thanks a million to the 4 sides who leave us this week. In what I think has been one of the closest comps ever you can all count yourselves a little unlucky not to make the Finals.

STATS 

Best Scores
780.80 Jen

696.00 Rob

628.00 Moose

400.00 Jill

377.60 Jack

Worst Scores 

82.00 Brian

64.80 Steve P

64.80 John

64.80 Rees

64.80 Gordy

Most Wins

6 Redrum

5 Richie

5 The Crucible

5 Rosina

5 Jack

5 Graeme

5 Dave

5 Robert

5 Catalano

5 Wrinkles

5 Kloppite

5 Heather

Most quinellas

3 Heather

2 Wrinkles

2 Robert

2 Tony

2 The Crucible

Biggest Winning Margin
780.80 Jen

186.00 Cubes

Narrowest Winning Margin

300.60 Roland

280.20 Heather

Highest Losing Score

377.60 Jack

Lowest Winning Score
122.00 Sarah

I'm sure my 'Ad Augusta' team-mates join me in thanking and wishing well all the members of the 4 teams who all played so well through the competition but unfortunately won't be going on to the Finals weeks. I've been playing these PJ Super Comps for years and years and years, and this one was the most even and closely fought that I've been involved in, in all that time. There's been only a smidgeon between the first and last teams right through the comp. A credit to all participants, played well and in a great spirit. And within the departing teams some very special performances - TC's 14 from 14 winning record an absolute astonishing performance that I don't believe will ever be matched going forward - Lay Down Misere's audacious and highly successful win in the penultimate week that really put the word team into team - among the highlights.

Now it's on to the Championship Round for 'Ad Augusta' - where we'll step up the pace and really give our rivals something to chase.

Congratulations to Betza Grand, Dark Horses, and The Rubiks for making the big playoffs. Although you won't be in any danger of being at the head of the leaderboard when my ultra-talented colleagues Casper, Cat, Tom, and Wrinkles weave their 'Ad Augusta' magic, nonetheless you three other teams have done super well to get this far. 

Well done, teamies.

Thanks for a great double round-robin preliminary competition full of excitement and entertainment for us all, PJ. As John said ...you're an absolute legend.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks. 

SEMI-FINALS DRAW - Sat May 5

Meetings will be Riccarton, Te Rapa, Gold Coast and Morphettville

THE AD AUGUSTAS (1st) vs THE RUBIKS (4th)

Casper v Cubes

Tom v Geoff

Wrinkles v Kloppite

Howie v Hesi

Catalano v Roland

THE BETZA GRANDS (2nd) vs THE DARK HORSES (3rd)

Betty v Sarah

Robert v Skelly

PJ v Moose

Dave v Rosina

Graeme v Korio

10 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

SEMI-FINALS DRAW - Sat May 5

Meetings will be Riccarton, Te Rapa, Gold Coast and Morphettville

THE AD AUGUSTAS (1st) vs THE RUBIKS (4th)

Casper v Cubes

Tom v Geoff

Wrinkles v Kloppite

Howie v Hesi

Catalano v Roland

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, eh Geoff.

Rubiks very keen to make the finals, big win in the final match of round-robin in a cliff-hanger, and now look at the mess they've got themselves in. :)

I asked PJ if he could squeeze in Riccarton or another South Island meeting  for you, Geoff. And just like mana from heaven .... :D  

Well for a departing participant who doesn't quite know where his allegiances will end up, I will leave with this parting gesture for you PJ.

It comes from a commentary I heard when Courage Under Fire won his last Derby as he neared the finish line.

" We salute you little champion".

Well done.

Thanks PJ

What an awesome competition you run. Very professional and always up to date 

To all the competitors what a blast no hassles and always a challenge

Five No Trumps enjoyed the ride any time you guys want to team up again count me in

Well done TC as good as it gets

Hesi you kicked my butt twice love your work

Thanks again PJ look forward to joining anything you run in the future

Cheers Redrum(Murf)

Race-1    11 Mihaul    $30.00    Quin    12 Akoya    $24.20
Scratched    6        Subs    11    

Betty    $54.20    ~~~    $30.00    Sarah    
Robert    $54.20    ~~~    $30.00    Sam    
PJ    $30.00    ~~~    $0.00    Moose    
Dave    $30.00    ~~~    $0.00    Rosina    
Graeme    $0.00    ~~~    $30.00    Korio    

Total    $168.40    ~~~    $90.00        

Matches    4-1       

' Ad Augusta' v 'The Rubiks

... after Race 1

'THE RUBIKS'                        3

'AD AUGUSTA'                      1

'The Rubiks' bounce from the gates with a wing on every hoof - with quinellas to Captain Cubesmeister and Geoff; with Hesi and Kloppite also on the 5 from 5 star 'Mihaul'.

Cat replies for 'Ad Augusta' with a BB on the winner, who was also selected by Casper, Tom, and Wrinkles.

Only Howie & Roland missed - so generally a fine start for the teams.

• Cubes (R) $54.20 leads Casper (AA) $30.00
  • Geoff (R) $54.20 leads Tom (AA) $30.00
  • Hesi (R) $30.00 leads Howie (AA) $0
  • Catalano (AA) $60.00 leads Roland (R) $0
  • Wrinkles (AA) ad Kloppite (R) level on $30

'The Rubiks' have a Best Bet on Thunder Bay & Peaceful in Race 2.

Race-2    4 Secret Allure    $41.00    Quin    8 Peaceful    $11.80
Scratched    nil        Subs        

Betty    $54.20    ~~~    $30.00    Sarah    
Robert    $107.00    ~~~    $71.00    Sam    
PJ    $30.00    ~~~    $0.00    Moose    
Dave    $82.80    ~~~    $0.00    Rosina    
Graeme    $41.00    ~~~    $71.00    Korio    

Total    $315.00    ~~~    $172.00        

Matches    4-1   

'Ad Augusta' v 'The Rubiks'

after Race 2 ...

'Ad Augusta'               3

'The Rubiks'                2

'Ad Augusta' turns things around from R1, with quinellas to Casper, Tom & Cat.

Hesi also struck the quinella for 'The Rubiks', and a win for Kloppite puts him in front of Wrinkles.

Some good scoring going on !

Cat       (AA)    $112.80 leads Roland (R) $ 0 

Casper (AA)   $82.80   leads  Cubes (R) 54.20

Tom (AA)        $ 82.80 leads Geoff (R)  $54.20

Kloppite (R)    $71.00 leads Wrinkles (AA) $30.00

Hesi (R)           $82.80 leads Howie (AA)  $0