RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Ellerslie today

We are told this is the premier meeting of the NZ Calenda - yet it starts at 4.41 - not 4.40 - but 4.41.     To me that says the idiot TAB are "fitting it in with other racing.     Can't be Trentham or Riccarton,    can't be Ascot Park trots, their meeting is 4.51 so you have to conclude it's to fit in with Straylia.     The biggest meeting and it has to fit in with crap races across the ditch (probably dogs heaven help us)     Surely the racing board has the balls to tell Aussie this is our main race and not to shag around with the scheduling. 

20 minutes ago, eljay said:

We are told this is the premier meeting of the NZ Calenda - yet it starts at 4.41 - not 4.40 - but 4.41.     To me that says the idiot TAB are "fitting it in with other racing.     Can't be Trentham or Riccarton,    can't be Ascot Park trots, their meeting is 4.51 so you have to conclude it's to fit in with Straylia.     The biggest meeting and it has to fit in with crap races across the ditch (probably dogs heaven help us)     Surely the racing board has the balls to tell Aussie this is our main race and not to shag around with the scheduling. 

Are you for real? 

Anyone know what time the "close off" time is for Scratchings there today.? (pretty sure it wouldnt be the normal 7.30am).

(dont want to start taking any Multis now and end up with deductions because of a scratching).

Thanks

This meeting is a bit of a flop really, those that market it are pretty ordinary. This is one of our better races , money wise, but little hype.

Compare to harness jewels, today was pretty average.

Why don't they race it Auckland cup week?

28 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

This meeting is a bit of a flop really, those that market it are pretty ordinary. This is one of our better races , money wise, but little hype.

How can you say it was a flop....look at the reaction of the owners after winning...thats what racing needs and thats what racing is all about...I bet a lot of them never owned a horse before... can't be anything but good for the industry.

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

What utter crap! The place was heaving and there was people everywhere.

best atmosphere I have seen on an NZ track for years.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

How can you say it was a flop....look at the reaction of the owners after winning...thats what racing needs and thats what racing is all about...I bet a lot of them never owned a horse before... can't be anything but good for the industry.

Yes, well done connections, no worries there. 

But as a major raceday, for those outside Auckland you think it could have been marketed better. Should have been on prime TV or something, tab should have run first 6 on it. Just my opinion, it all seemed a bit flat.

16 minutes ago, fitzy said:

What utter crap! The place was heaving and there was people everywhere.

best atmosphere I have seen on an NZ track for years.

Fitz, yes I am sure plenty of heaving going on. 

Great you had a good day, but I was mainly commenting on those off course.

4 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Yes, well done connections, no worries there. 

But as a major raceday, for those outside Auckland you think it could have been marketed better. Should have been on prime TV or something, tab should have run first 6 on it. Just my opinion, it all seemed a bit flat.

It will grow its only a new concept look how the Magic Millions has grown over the years... any type of incentives/innovation to get people to get back into racing should be applauded not knocked.

11 minutes ago, Insider said:

I was there.

Plenty of people having a fun time, especially the young. 

It took me 15 minutes between races to get a drink and 15 seconds to put a bet on, and I am not exaggerating. 

What?. Are saying that from the time you lined up at a bar, it took you a qtr of an hour to get a drink? Yet despite a good crowd it took only 15secs to have a bet? Comonnnnn....

17 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Fitz, yes I am sure plenty of heaving going on. 

Great you had a good day, but I was mainly commenting on those off course.

Where have you been? Under a blanket? How much marketing does a real race goer need to be aware of a major race? You're obviously not a regular Portfolio or you've been asleep. 

1 minute ago, Trump said:

What?. Are saying that from the time you lined up at a bar, it took you a qtr of an hour to get a drink? Yet despite a good crowd it took only 15secs to have a bet? Comonnnnn....

I am serious. It was in the bar next to the birdcage that I know as the Polo Bar. It has a new name these days, but I don’t know what it is! 

Honestly it was symptomatic of the people there, their demographic, their age and the reason the majority were there. 

Now don’t get me wrong, there were still the people like myself aho were there primarily for the races, but I believe that I was in the minority, at least in that bar. 

Get real you NEGAHOLICS......it was an excellent days racing.

The track and facilities looked in magnificent order......Aussie trainers and riders adding to the occasion.

All the visitors had to be impressed.

Great racing ,Scott Base was brilliant.

Winnie gave a good speech as did David Ellis....several big syndicates won races.

Eye Candy in droves ,good service ,much excitement ,warm weather ,hot chips.

Bloody brilliant !