RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Drivers not trying!!!!

4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Brodie, you've got a chance to get your money back at Rangiora next Tuesday when Denstown resurfaces in R 5 against one of the weakest maiden fields ive seen in a while in Canterbury. J Cox steers from barrier 3 over 1950 from the mobile. Good punting!!

Depends Whether he is keen to win or not Doesnt it?

On 1/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, Brodie said:

Seriously, this is a far bigger problem for harness than the Stipes worrying about drivers who are trying!!!

Not going to name names on here as that wouldn’t be fair would it??

The Stipes need to be more vigilant than what they are and need to give drivers a hefty fine or suspension for clear breaches of not giving their horse the best chance.

Mr Lowe got done for his extremely poor effort and the reality is that he was trying but lacks a bit of ability when it comes to driving unfortunately.

Anyway, Addington Race 3 tonight, no names but the driver of Denstown, what an absolutely blatant effort not to try and win!!!!

He should cop a suspension and a hefty fine!

Horse normally goes forward and tried to lead but not tonight and made no effort to put the horse in the race until far too late and finished full of running, with the unnamed driver having it under double wraps!

The horse had several chances to improve and get into the race but no,  for some unknown reason I will cheat today!

Piss poor effort from this driver and if he is questioned by the Stipes nothing will happen as per usual.

The Stipes are harder on amateurs than the so called professionals, but this drive was appalling.

Before any of the Brodster knockers come on, watch the race and tell me that you don’t agree with Brodie!!!!

How come no  mention that he didn’t improve earlier - especially how he never hooked on to John D back amazing or should we say cheating.

Very poor stipe work !

2 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

How come no  mention that he didn’t improve earlier - especially how he never hooked on to John D back amazing or should we say cheating.

Very poor stipe work !

You’re so right. I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t have wanted to be stuck 3 wide for the last 1000m. 

Sarcasim in case you missed it. 

2 hours ago, Lincoln1 said:

You’re so right. I can’t imagine why he wouldn’t have wanted to be stuck 3 wide for the last 1000m. 

Sarcasim in case you missed it. 

I often wonder how many of the serial moaners and conspiracy theorists on here have actually driven under race day conditions and if so how successful were they.

5 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

I often wonder how many of the serial moaners and conspiracy theorists on here have actually driven under race day conditions and if so how successful were they.

Irrelevant. It is called free speech.

You are quite welcome to outline your successful driving career to support your view on the drive in question if you so wish.

23 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

If you hadn't noticed, there is a lot of money invested on races and drivers/ riders performances should rightly be queried....obviously a bit of leeway for human error, but without it we end up with problems like Queensland harness racing has.

Is an example of what your suggesting above, A Becks drive on Shelby something at Wyndham. Hot fav, draws 8 and after 200 metres is 3 back the rails, given every opportunity by B Barclay to move off rails with a lap to go, stays in, gets held up till late flies homes and runs third.

It reminds me of why i never bet south of Ashvegas when i see drives like that.

31 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Is an example of what your suggesting above, A Becks drive on Shelby something at Wyndham. Hot fav, draws 8 and after 200 metres is 3 back the rails, given every opportunity by B Barclay to move off rails with a lap to go, stays in, gets held up till late flies homes and runs third.

So you are encouraging Allan Beck to sit parked for more than a whole lap but you support the driver's performance on Denstown for essentially the same thing?

Death-defying hypocrisy.

What a waste of time.

40 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

It reminds me of why i never bet south of Ashvegas when i see drives like that.

If the drive is not dealt with to your satisfaction, take the advice that is dished out here by some (including you) and go ring the stipes tonight and let us know how you go.

On 2/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, Fartoomuch said:

I just wonder if your driving record is better than Allan Beck's?

If you are going to rubbish people on here who give their views in good faith then you can expect the same back when you do.

Have any of you guys and gals tried one of those plastic horse arcade games where you get on and ride a race?

You get on and are given the horses strengths and weaknesses. If you go against the horses modus operandi you are soon an also ran.Driving is like that. You work out what your horse is and what it can do, and how best to drive it. Even the best drivers take time to work a horse out. Most horses go better with a sit, and sometimes it works out and it makes you look good, and sometimes it makes you look like a lemon. Only if you’ve got one with real ability can you keep “sending” them every time, ( aka Lazarus, would even make me look good),they soon get tired and then you ain’t got a horse...IMHO.

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I thought a very poor drive on what was the best bet of the day at Wyndham.......maybe you could pass on some driving tips to him...

Dont know the bloke so cant help you there FU but agree wholeheartedly that it was a poor tactical drive given where McLellan's pair were situated.

Doesn't get many outside drives these days either so alls not lost.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:48 AM, Fartoomuch said:

Brodie, you've got a chance to get your money back at Rangiora next Tuesday when Denstown resurfaces in R 5 against one of the weakest maiden fields ive seen in a while in Canterbury. J Cox steers from barrier 3 over 1950 from the mobile. Good punting!!

2.40-1.25 F/O You know the odds now get ******

19 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Denstown place bet best for mine.

50% return on your money, well done sir although as KH suggested it was paying slightly better earlier. A lot of interest on it in Sydney with TAB Corp-  it ended up paying 3.20 on F/O but 4.20 on tote

On 1/26/2018 at 7:30 PM, Kotare_Hunter said:

There goes your price next time.

Depends whether he wants to try!

Needs action to be taken but there won’t be any!

Wanted to win today as he went forward rather than restraining last time.

Horse has got good gate speed, but if you don’t want to win then don’t use it!!!

Denstown was good enough to win last start at Addington. 

There were some on here that said that driving the horse In front was not Denstown go, but obviously The driver thought he would drive it in a way that it could win today!!!

Once again, “The Brodster” was on the money!

How can The Brodster knockers possibly have a go at him today????

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Wanted to win today as he went forward rather than restraining last time.

Horse has got good gate speed, but if you don’t want to,win then don’t use it!!!

Denstown was good enough to win last start at Addington last start.

There were some on here that said that driving the horse In front was not Denstown go, but obviously The driver thought he would drive it in a way that it could win today!!!

Once again, “The Brodster” was on the money!

How can The Brodster knockers possibly have a go at him today????

Did you get plenty. That's all we want to know Brodie

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Did you get plenty. That's all we want to know Brodie

Fart Too Much, for obvious reasons, I will never disclose what I have backed,  but thanks for your interest!

Did I make money on the punt today?   

yes!!!