RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Turnoffs

My two pet hates of the moment on radio/TV

1) - Radio Sport Breakfast & The Crowd Goes Wild - Wall to wall American Sport.    For god's sake we are Kiwis, well I think we are!

2) - Radio Trackside - Big Time

Both these get the off/change channel treatment

Agree eljay. Who the hell invented Gridiron. I think there was a recent study done on this game to find out how much actual playing time occurred during a game . Correct me if I am wrong but I think it amounted to 6 minutes. Americans must embrace boredom, so why should we have to.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes very much agree with the American sport, I don't get why they keep ramming that shit down our throat's

Great game.

If it wasn't for American sport and the EPL we would have 24 hrs of watching and listening to repeat rugger games.Now thats boredom.

Heard Radio Sport at 9.am this morning going through their programme for the next hour - cricket, tennis, basketball, soccuh, athletics, netball (sure to have missed some)  but NO rugby even though I believe the Kiwi girls playing  overseas.       And you say it's rammed down your throat.     Come on Flagshit - eyes wide open!

3 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Rugby is  even worse crusty far too much of it now days and we just get the bloody all blacks rammed down our throats 24-7, the one good thing about american football is the incredibly short season, I guess leaving those that love it wanting more.

the best thing about american sports ,they start around 1pm, if your at work you will miss it,from a punting point of view , its over before the boss is home at 6

Problem with u lot is you're dinosaurs. Probably still play golf and bowls. Teens in my house watched both Gridiron Conference Finals back to back. They know the teams, the players, they know the moves and will no doubt look to skip school and work to catch the Superbowl. Other thing they watch non stop - Basketball - NZ's fastest growing sport. Then they go to the Court and shoot hoops. They are why Sky is broadcasting American sport.

4 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

Problem with u lot is you're dinosaurs. Probably still play golf and bowls. Teens in my house watched both Gridiron Conference Finals back to back. They know the teams, the players, they know the moves and will no doubt look to skip school and work to catch the Superbowl. Other thing they watch non stop - Basketball - NZ's fastest growing sport. Then they go to the Court and shoot hoops. They are why Sky is broadcasting American sport.

Agree with everthing you say especially regarding basketball being nz fastest growing sport.

One problem is that when kids go to college they virtually have to choose between sports and unfortunately a lot of smaller sports are the victims.

Rugger  rules at their expense.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Uriah Heap said:

Probably right in some respects but then back in my older Dinosaur days , there was nothing to watch. Softball from Miramar Oval or the odd local soccer match if you were lucky.

And I wouldn't buy Sky with counterfeit money, their business model is F----cked.  Frankly this generation spend enough time already on technology without watching hours of boring Gridiron or Basketball. Get them off the couch Uriah and outside. I played lots of all types of sports (including) basketball in my younger days, but those two do my head in as a spectacle.

Only my humble dinosaur opinion.

On 30/01/2018 at 0:43 PM, globederby12 said:

Probably right in some respects but then back in my older Dinosaur days , there was nothing to watch. Softball from Miramar Oval or the odd local soccer match if you were lucky.

And I wouldn't buy Sky with counterfeit money, their business model is F----cked.  Frankly this generation spend enough time already on technology without watching hours of boring Gridiron or Basketball. Get them off the couch Uriah and outside. I played lots of all types of sports (including) basketball in my younger days, but those two do my head in as a spectacle.

Only my humble dinosaur opinion.

They're good lads when it comes to playing and they participate in plenty of organised sport. However, when not having organised games or practices, they're on the couch, whereas we would have gone out and hit cricket ball against the shed door, practised our goal kicking, or swung the golf club. About the only unorganised activity they'll do is shoot hoops down at the Court.