RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

Te Rapa Race 1

Yep spotted that trial before his first start but just missed a decent collect :(

I prefer Walkin' By today - recent front running bias at Te Rapa might not suit Beauden, and jockey's strike-rate puts me off a bit as well.  

Just on trial form i have had a lash at Corleone today as late Nov beat HINERANGI in a trial, first 2 starts has drawn 10+ at MATAMATA which you can not do.On 20/12 got within 3 lengths of Gothenburg after drawing 10 and Gothenburg has a bit of a wrap. I'm open to being wrong but after HINERANGIs win yesterday I see it as a good bet and trainer has a very good strike rate.

WAV Trials 09 May 2017 2nd of 9     MDN C/Wgt 1200m D6   Johnathan Parkes 1st: Trisha Lea 1:13.69
CAMB Trials 09 Nov 2017 2nd of 10     MDN C/Wgt 935m D6   Sam Spratt 1st: Lady Linwood 56.54
MATA Trials 28 Nov 2017 1st of 10     MDN C/Wgt 1000m G3   Sam Spratt 2nd: Hinerangi (AUS) 1:00.29
MATA (L) 20 Dec 2017 1st up 7th of 12     MDN $10K 1200m G3 9th outr, out tn, bttled on Sam Spratt [R47] 58.5 (10) $8.10 1st: Gothenburg 1:11.79 3.1L
MATA (L) 12 Jan 2018 23 days 2nd up 7th of 11     MDN $10K 1400m D4 Wd, wrkd for ld 800,hdd 200, wknd Jordan Nason [R46] 58.5->56.5 (11) $9.20 1st: Jewel Of Patch (AUS) 1:24.67 7.4L
  •  
Comment:

38 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Just on trial form i have had a lash at Corleone today as late Nov beat HINERANGI in a trial, first 2 starts has drawn 10+ at MATAMATA which you can not do.On 20/12 got within 3 lengths of Gothenburg after drawing 10 and Gothenburg has a bit of a wrap. I'm open to being wrong but after HINERANGIs win yesterday I see it as a good bet and trainer has a very good strike rate.

WAV Trials 09 May 2017 2nd of 9     MDN C/Wgt 1200m D6   Johnathan Parkes 1st: Trisha Lea 1:13.69
CAMB Trials 09 Nov 2017 2nd of 10     MDN C/Wgt 935m D6   Sam Spratt 1st: Lady Linwood 56.54
MATA Trials 28 Nov 2017 1st of 10     MDN C/Wgt 1000m G3   Sam Spratt 2nd: Hinerangi (AUS) 1:00.29
MATA (L) 20 Dec 2017 1st up 7th of 12     MDN $10K 1200m G3 9th outr, out tn, bttled on Sam Spratt [R47] 58.5 (10) $8.10 1st: Gothenburg 1:11.79 3.1L
MATA (L) 12 Jan 2018 23 days 2nd up 7th of 11     MDN $10K 1400m D4 Wd, wrkd for ld 800,hdd 200, wknd Jordan Nason [R46] 58.5->56.5 (11) $9.20 1st: Jewel Of Patch (AUS) 1:24.67 7.4L
  •  
Comment:

Saver on Madam Woo?

Bal Regazzo (R5) went a very nice trial at Cambridge on 9 January.  Ran 4th but only just behind the 2nd and 3rd horses and was finishing strongly without being overly pushed, after covering a bit of ground around the home turn.  

Front runners bias is a concern but worth a dollar or two each way.

4 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Bal Regazzo (R5) went a very nice trial at Cambridge on 9 January.  Ran 4th but only just behind the 2nd and 3rd horses and was finishing strongly without being overly pushed, after covering a bit of ground around the home turn.  

Speaking of poor strike rates - might be first his win in the past 35 starts.

#1 looks a moral if close to the turn

4 minutes ago, Diver Dan said:

Speaking of poor strike rates - might be first his win in the past 35 starts.

#1 looks a moral if close to the turn

Yes fair point on Shaun McKay's strike-rate but I'd rather have him aboard than Brandon Morgenrood

14 minutes ago, Diver Dan said:

Saver on Madam Woo?

Personally I can not entertain her, i think there are horses there with fewer starts and more upside like Corleone, Havoc and Jo Buck.....I'm no  expert but just like to rate each horse against another in a race. 

30 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Personally I can not entertain her, i think there are horses there with fewer starts and more upside like Corleone, Havoc and Jo Buck.....I'm no  expert but just like to rate each horse against another in a race. 

OK got that terribly wrong DD, so will have to look at the race again but Corleone  stopped pretty badly after leading easily. Still i'm happy to take the loss and go again next time.

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Great run!

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Correct N1MUE I saw your post and thought thats a good confirmation of what I had thought as I had backed it at the same time I backed Corleone, the place divvid has brought me even on both bets as they were substantial Pheww!!. Anyway upward and onward.

1 minute ago, Yir Tiz said:

Was that the racing, girls in shorts or the weather???

The racing was good, no girls there under 45 & yes the weather.

Have a look at the ride on Heat Seeker in the 5th, Morgenrood stood up on the horse 25 mtrs short of the line & gave up, I do hope I see in the report him getting some time aside as it was a shocker.

3 minutes ago, barryb said:

Have a look at the ride on Heat Seeker in the 5th, Morgenrood stood up on the horse 25 mtrs short of the line & gave up, I do hope I see in the report him getting some time aside as it was a shocker.

Yep the whole thing wasn't pretty, and to add insult to injury he rode it 0.5kgs over.

2 hours ago, barryb said:

The racing was good, no girls there under 45 & yes the weather.

Should have won a race before now Barry....put a decent jock on and it will.

4 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Great run!

It was - comes from the mare I think, all her progeny, racing in Aussie are strong looking types and storm home late, sometimes over the top - Emphatically is a great example of that.  The fact they run that way means you often get good money.

3 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Yep the whole thing wasn't pretty, and to add insult to injury he rode it 0.5kgs over.

B. Morgenrood (HEAT SEEKER) – Reprimanded by Stewards after relaxing his ride over the final 50 metres and advised that he must ride his mounts out fully to the end of the race when circumstances permit him to do so.

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

B. Morgenrood (HEAT SEEKER) – Reprimanded by Stewards after relaxing his ride over the final 50 metres and advised that he must ride his mounts out fully to the end of the race when circumstances permit him to do so.

A REPRIMAND seriously??.... beaten 3/4 length....what a bunch of soft cockles....I bet OP boson wishes those stipes were around/on duty a few years back at Tauranga on the Cup day!!!!!. No wonder we are smirked at by other racing jurisdictions!!.

50 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

A REPRIMAND seriously??.... beaten 3/4 length....what a bunch of soft cockles....I bet OP boson wishes those stipes were around/on duty a few years back at Tauranga on the Cup day!!!!!. No wonder we are smirked at by other racing jurisdictions!!.

Don' you honestly think was going to win the race. Flying feet had it beat anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Don' you honestly think was going to win the race. Flying feet had it beat anyway. 

No Dockers I do not think it would have won....but a reprimand is a bit light as it may lead to a rider saying when questioned about dropping their hands in future to claim "oh sir I knew the other horse coming would beat me anyway". It opens a can of worms for the future and sets a bad example. Just my thoughts

Just now, Yir Tiz said:

No Dockers I do not think it would have won....but a reprimand is a bit light as it may lead to a rider saying when questioned about dropping their hands in future to claim "oh sir I knew the other horse coming would beat me anyway". It opens a can of worms for the future and sets a bad example. Just my thoughts

Fair enough point taken.