RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Draft for Trans-Tasman Super Comp 4.00pm Sunday 21st Jan

How the draft will work -

Each Captain will have 90 secs to submit a draft pick (if they have not already submitted an email to me containing their draft order). Submit your draft order to me as a PM if you don't want to participate in the Live Draft

If you don't pick and post in 90 seconds the next Captain will be invited and then the option will return to you once and once only once the next Captain has taken their turn. If you fail to select a 2nd time I will randomly draw a player from the Draft Pool for your team.

Draft Order (snake for 4 rounds):

NB. Heather replaces Winfreux. Please note

1. Brian

2. Cubes

3. Howie

4. Pete

5. Ian

6. Betty

7. John

8. Rosina

9. Rosina

10. John

11. Betty

12. Ian

13. Pete

14. Howie

15. Cubes

16. Brian

17. Brian

18. Cubes

19. Howie

20. Pete

21. Ian

22. Betty

23. John

24. Rosina

25. Rosina

26. John

27. Betty

28. Ian

29. Pete

30. Howie

31. Cubes

32. Brian

Draft Pool (in no particular order)

Graeme

The Crucible

Ray

Richie

Robert

Tony

Casper

Heather

Maria

Korio

Geoff

Catalano

Sarah

Jack

Wrinkles

PJ

Redrum

Roland

Kloppite

Skelly

Hesi

Gordy

Moose

Steve

Steve P

Dave

Jill

Rob

Tom

Sharne

Rees

Jen

2 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Actually spot on John. Thought there was something not right about it. Cheers

All good - for pointing that out do i get bumped 5 or 6 spots up the draft picking order?  :)

Have a horrible feeling my #1 selection won't make it to draft pick #7.

Not sure if the team names will need to align to a sport franchise like once previously ... if not then I'm gonna carry on my Latin theme and call the team that I'll be captaining 'Ad Augusta' - translating as 'To Glory'. My school' motto was (and still is) 'Per Angusta Ad Augusta' - Through Hardship to Glory' ...but we're gonna be completely ignoring the first part because there won't be any hardship for my team-mates and me in this comp ... we're gonna be hitting the ground running ! :) 

7 hours ago, sir1galivant said:

Hi PJ Have i missed out being part of this comp.

Rex.

Hi Rex. You can be first reserve. Someone is usually late or AWOL so you should post a set of picks each week and I will autosub you if someone hasn't posted by the start of race 1.

Cheers

Mrs Right First Time says for me to ask "Please can the Draft Draw be done-and-dusted by 5.30pm as dinner will be on the table 5.30pm and not a minute later !" 

I might be the Captain of what is going to be one of the all-time great PJ Super Comp teams 'Ad Augusta' ... but I'm nowhere near being Captain at the Right First Time residence.

So here's hoping everyone posts on time ! :D

Just saying. :)

2 minutes ago, Right first time said:

Mrs Right First Time says for me to ask "Please can the Draft Draw be done-and-dusted by 5.30pm as dinner will be on the table 5.30pm and not a minute later !" 

I might be the Captain of what is going to be one of the all-time great PJ Super Comp teams 'Ad Augusta' ... but I'm nowhere near being Captain at the Right First Time residence.

So here's hoping everyone posts on time ! :D

Just saying. :)

The trouble with getting married to The Regimental Sergeant Major

1 minute ago, pete said:

Howie you should rename your team "Under The Thumb" :lol:

hehe you're not wrong, Pete. :)

hey well done stepping up as Captain for the draft comp, Pete. All the best and I'm sure you'll end up with a fine team. Maybe looking to some Mighty Blues power in there somewhere to bolster the ranks. You can't go wrong with Mighty Blues power.