RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TOM(the other Molloy)

Well done Pitty

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Yes great ride and great win for a hard working team... big run the 2nd horse too... credit where it is due.

Fair comment.  Though he is still hugely advantaged by the special treatment he gets in the start area.  That Telegraph would have been the hottest form race in NZ in years I reckon.

42 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Fair comment.  Though he is still hugely advantaged by the special treatment he gets in the start area.  That Telegraph would have been the hottest form race in NZ in years I reckon.

Why do they slways load him last.I am sure that there are a lot of horses that would benefit with the treatment Kawi gets at the barriers

When I think about it of course this time last year the Pitman were mourning the loss of First Serve in the same race.  Funny how things turn around.  

And Enzo's Lad is yet another example of a bargain buy ($A15000 I think) coming good.  So many NZ trainers are so good at picking up cheap horses and making top liners of them.  Saavy Coup us another comparatively cheap Pitman buy and now one of the KM 3yo favourites.

David Ellis would be embarrassed to have such a cheap nag in the team.

Guest 2Admin2
43 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Don Ha wanted to make waves and raise his profile, he got the publicity he craved.

Back to who buys the best.....have a look at the Ellerslie fields for Saturday, half the runners in the two big races come from one single buyers stable, it’s quite remarkable ( and no I don’t have any agenda to promote that person or that stable, I’m just stating facts ).

Isn't that an indictment?  I trust you will enjoy the party.

Many,many years ago (1974 or 1975) I had a student holiday job at the fruit and vege wholesale market in Invercargill.Many of the retailers were punters like me and one day someone said that he had a tip for a horse starting at Greymouth the following week.

It was called Parilla and trained by an unknown new trainer called Michael Pitman...someone suggested we hire a plane and pilot and fly up for the day.Next thing four of us are flying over Fiordland and up the West Coast to Greymouth.I think Parilla ran third but we had a great day and then flew home.

To this day I've NEVER hired asnother plane to get to a race meeting :P but we somehow must have known we were witnessing the beginning of a great career

As an aside that night at one of the retailers homes I was introduced to what was for me high-stake euchre.....scary stuff for an eighteen year old