RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Just Curious??

What would happen if EVERY runner was permitted to slip away to the barriers early with no parading in front of the crowd, or EVERY runner wanted a barrier blanket, or EVERY runner wanted to load last,---get my drift? Who decides?

56 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

What would happen if EVERY runner was permitted to slip away to the barriers early with no parading in front of the crowd, or EVERY runner wanted a barrier blanket, or EVERY runner wanted to load last,---get my drift? Who decides?

I was going to start a thread re that.  The two Telegraph 'hot shots' last two to load.

Late entering the birdcage(Saville Row) early to the start (Saville Row, Kawi) last entering the starting gates (Kawi, Volpe Veloce).

Does it happen anywhere else in the world?  Not that I am aware of and it is BS it happens here - horses given an advantage apparently because they get nervous before a race.  I strongly suspect every horse gets nervous but these are given distinct advantages.

Time for the RIU to stop this practice.

Most of the time at small meetings, horses don't do a preliminary a long the straight, this is very poor, no one seems to care, stipes included, should be mandatory, at reefton and greymouth 1000m races just out the birdcage gate to the start, no good to those that like to see them run down the straight, once it was mandatory. Very disappointing indeed.

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

I was going to start a thread re that.  The two Telegraph 'hot shots' last two to load.

Late entering the birdcage(Saville Row) early to the start (Saville Row, Kawi) last entering the starting gates (Kawi, Volpe Veloce).

Does it happen anywhere else in the world?  Not that I am aware of and it is BS it happens here - horses given an advantage apparently because they get nervous before a race.  I strongly suspect every horse gets nervous but these are given distinct advantages.

Time for the RIU to stop this practice.

Not sure that it doesn't happen elsewhere...in one Hong Kong international series I watched,  Jim Bolger requested special treatment for Alexander Goldrun as she could get very fractious...she was allowed.

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

Not sure that it doesn't happen elsewhere...in one Hong Kong international series I watched,  Jim Bolger requested special treatment for Alexander Goldrun as she could get very fractious...she was allowed.

Thanks Pam I thought it was just an NZ thing.   Seems to happen a hell of a lot here and if they are going to allow it maybe it should be like gear advice 'late loader' 'permitted to leave birdcage early' or some thing like that.  In a high profile case like Kawi it gives him a definite and repeated advantage and that is not fair.  Maybe allow him it twice then expect him to be loaded in ordinary order.  Similar with barrier blankets - why should they be entitled to load last?  It is bullshit.

In some ways I think horses known to be bad loaders should load first so well behaved horses are not standing there for minutes waiting for tardy horses to load.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Most of the time at small meetings, horses don't do a preliminary a long the straight, this is very poor, no one seems to care, stipes included, should be mandatory, at reefton and greymouth 1000m races just out the birdcage gate to the start, no good to those that like to see them run down the straight, once it was mandatory. Very disappointing indeed.

Not a lot of preliminaries go on at Riccarton either Shad.  It is just the changing world that's all

10 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Not a lot of preliminaries go on at Riccarton either Shad.  It is just the changing world that's all

I must be to old school, but once it was a given, jockeys and stipes obviously a bit tired.