RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
skelly

Alternative Tote Challenge for Sunday

And now for something completely different...

When I'm not punting badly, I web design badly, and long story short, got a little sidetracked and built a poor man's parimutuel.

So here's the comp... you have $100 to invest in each race at Te Rapa on Sunday. The winner will be the one who wins the most money (ignoring any unspent dollars).

If you want to have a go, respond to this thread or send me a message. I'll message you with a unique link to the tote's website, and the rest will be up to you. It should be pretty straightforward, but let me know if you get stuck.

The tote will close once the first race starts, so you'll need to have made all your bets for all races before then.

Aside from the whole thing not crashing in a heap, I'm just interested to see how it plays out. Backing the right horses will be one factor, but given the number of bettors, there will be an element of gaming the tote too. Don't be afraid to spread your bets!

Holler if you've got any questions :-)

Rules of the tote
===================
1. The tote closes at the jump of Race 1
2. Win and Place pools only
3. All bets are final
4. There are no taxes, so 100% of the pool is returned
5. If your horse is scratched, the equivalent bet is placed on the sub (as determined by the tote)
6. There will be three place dividends, regardless of field size
7. If a dividend pays less than $1, there will be no rounding up to $1

Additional notes
===================
1. After the results of the first race have been entered, you'll be able to dive in and see everyone's bets for the remaining races.
2. Results will be loaded after each race which will automatically update the leaderboard. You'll be able to view the current standings on the website, plus I'll post them on here throughout the day.
3. There hasn't been much testing of the website, so if you're having problems my only suggestion would be to use a different browser. If in doubt, use Chrome. It might not be a great experience on a mobile phone... The website is a little janky, suffers from feature creep, and is about as secure as a sieve, but it should be good enough for this little experiment.

3 hours ago, Kundalini said:

Skelly...Min divvy is $1....unnecessary rule

Comp looks good

Brian

No i think what Skelly is saying is that if the dividend per Skelly's tote is say $0.60, then that is what you get.  His tote is not offering any $1 minimums.

Cool concept Skelly - I'll be in - I'm intrigued to see how it works - good luck with the website.

13 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

No i think what Skelly is saying is that if the dividend per Skelly's tote is say $0.60, then that is what you get.  His tote is not offering any $1 minimums.

Cool concept Skelly - I'll be in - I'm intrigued to see how it works - good luck with the website.

Exactly, you got it in one. My tote works a little differently to the TAB's - for better or worse.

I'll flick you a link in a short while :-)

Just for my sanity, all bets for all 7 races need to be made by the time race 1 starts. (Version 2 will let you bet throughout the day, but we'll keep it simple for the first test!)

The divvies should refresh every minute, or you can manually refresh by clicking on the refresh button.

2 hours ago, Cubes said:

Cubes likes to gamble.......check

Cubes is not much good at it.......check

Better to lose not real dollars as opposed to real coin.......check

The Cubinator is not a computer buff but will try to give it a crack....check

Unfortunately it's not letting me send you a message Cubes! Did you disable messaging?