RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Wellington Cup Day

9 hours ago, talk said:

David Ellis has said "He has given permission for Opie to ride 0.5kg over weight.

So what happens if he shows up another 0.5kgs above the new "notified" weight? Do the stewards then get involved and pull the plug on him? because he is essentially 1kg overweight.

19 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

So what happens if he shows up another 0.5kgs above the new "notified" weight? Do the stewards then get involved and pull the plug on him? because he is essentially 1kg overweight.

Hopefully of course, as I think that the rules only allow you to be up to a half overweight, if the connections agree.

I wouldn't put the house on it, but that's what has happened to me in the past! [Up to a half over.]

14 minutes ago, Insider said:

Hopefully of course, as I think that the rules only allow you to be up to a half overweight, if the connections agree.

I wouldn't put the house on it, but that's what has happened to me in the past! [Up to a half over.]

Correct. 

Has the feel of a raceday back in the 70's and I'm really looking forward to the action.

You can't help but see how exited our young Trackside team are about it analysing the "weights and measures " form etc.

The only negative is the constant ringing in my ears.............. PUNTERS GRAVEYARD.

So expect the unexpected !!

Goodluck Caffers.

At possibly great risk to myself I am willing to declare that I expect big things today from Hiflyer, Start Wondering, Rondinella and Eagle Bay.

I doubt they will all win but should all be in the action at the business end of things at the Punters Graveyard!! Good luck, all.

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Chambord been very unlucky last 2   Starts. Should have won last 3. 

$20 odd bucks real value

Only other bet I have a trentham today was Princess Saphire! 

Oh deary me, no luck. You have to feel for owners etc, horse was spot on, only undone by a below par ride. Yep, was my money talking, 

I saw him drop back and out heading out of the straight and I think he was still standing there as the horses came back at the finish as you could see the lower part of a horse with grey legs standing towards the outside just past the turn out but nothing was said at all.     

15 minutes ago, barryb said:

Didn't look good for Blathwayt, was he spooked by the crowd cheering?.

IMO they were crawling, so slow that those that were tugging changed strides more than normal......what idiot though would encourage the crowd to cheer? did the commentator encourage the crowd? as I didn't hear that.

16 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I saw him drop back and out heading out of the straight and I think he was still standing there as the horses came back at the finish as you could see the lower part of a horse with grey legs standing towards the outside just past the turn out but nothing was said at all.     

Broke down Maria. Couldn't be saved. Bloody shame, he was a great old warrior....:(

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

IMO they were crawling, so slow that those that were tugging changed strides more than normal......what idiot though would encourage the crowd to cheer? did the commentator encourage the crowd? as I didn't hear that.

Oh shit, I slowed it right down & the moment the crowd roar it is spooked and goes off stride, far too coincidental.  it will be very interesting to see what is posted in the stipes report.

A real shame as such a nice horse & always tried.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:44 PM, Fartoomuch said:

4 Patrick Erin is the worst placed horse going around at the moment. I've said that before on here and been chastised.  Good luck to connections but you have to wonder how much it will be punished at its current rating should win.

Lay of the day for me

Thank god for Betfair