RaceCafe
Sign in to follow this  
Portfolio

Lazarus. Wow

4 hours ago, CosmicBlackie said:

Bred, owned, broken, brushed, washed, shod, raced, won, lost, trained and driven 30 odd years. 

Big picture guy me :).

That's what i call a real enthusiast. I suspect given your posts that you may well have served on racing clubs as well.

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Like I said improve stakes so people don't have to sell promising horses, look after the smaller clubs rather than centralise everything to the two main tracks, spread the jewels around to forbury, Invercargill things like that....if the smaller trainers/owners don't get looked after the sport will die in the long run....trainer without big spending owners do struggle to compete no matter what they do, especially if they don't live near the main centres, look how harness racing is dying in the c.d

Its been dying there for 30 odd years. Not even Sir Roy could save it and Hutt Park with his wad. It was however successful in one respect, the start of T Lee's stellar career behind the mike

1 hour ago, CosmicBlackie said:

FU, I think NZRB would be quite happy if all the product( that’s what they call it), came from Australia, be a whole lot cheaper model for them. I think that they have hinted at many times that they see centralisation as a necessary evil if Racing is to survive, with their one offs Jewels, Christmas at the Races, and Kaikoura like meetings fitting around that. Perhaps we are seeing that coming into effect now and it’s a matter of natural selection if the industry is to survive. Mark Jones I think is a good example who is thinking on his feet and adapting  to playing the ball that is in front of him the best he can, spreading his risk and becoming more business like and just getting on with it. There are plenty more I am sure, we all want to see it survive and prosper.

If you look at the fields in Aussie today, without racing here, they would struggle for fields, there is a huge number of NZ bred horses racing.