RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Kumara

To be honest be good if they do stay on for reefton, nice track, close up to all the action, good facilities, always free to get in, and a great day out, only downside is the photo finish angle, harder to pick than a broken nose, was watching trots from home, thought my horse i backed had won by a half length, beaten by a head, certainly a trap for young players, its not really a downside, their isn't any, lets hope they get a good crowd and weather, country racing at its best, and lets hope it continues, the club and committee have done a great job over the years, when a couple of other clubs in the district have not survived. A true testament to dedication and hard work.

15 minutes ago, Shad said:

To be honest be good if they do stay on for reefton, nice track, close up to all the action, good facilities, always free to get in, and a great day out, only downside is the photo finish angle, harder to pick than a broken nose, was watching trots from home, thought my horse i backed had won by a half length, beaten by a head, certainly a trap for young players, its not really a downside, their isn't any, lets hope they get a good crowd and weather, country racing at its best, and lets hope it continues, the club and committee have done a great job over the years, when a couple of other clubs in the district have not survived. A true testament to dedication and hard work.

Don't pay it on too thick Shad I will start to get  emotional.

Your mention of the angle reminds me of a prominent Cafer who in his riding days was astonished not to have won a race there one day and demanded to see the bad news via the photofinish print before he believed it.

At that time the angle truly was shocking - now it is just bad though the commentator has a good line - it is the high up Trackside camera that is ten or so metres past the line. 

We will be pushing the proverbial uphill to get a good crowd now all the local mills, freezing works and general industry has gone back to work but we live in hope.  There is no real incentive other than pride to chase turnover anyway.  Because we will not charge we cannot be part of the interislander summer festival and therefore we miss out on a hell of a lot of advertising locally.  The three trotting meetings and the other gallops dates get tons of publicity but you would think we did not exist.  It is our call however I must say.

Can't blame him for wanting to see the photo, a mate of mine watched the replay of the trot race and reckoned he would have been celebrating the win of the second placed horse, but regardless of the future of the club, its done very well to survive given nelson folded and Westport to, some years ago.

20 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Don't pay it on too thick Shad I will start to get  emotional.

Your mention of the angle reminds me of a prominent Cafer who in his riding days was astonished not to have won a race there one day and demanded to see the bad news via the photofinish print before he believed it.

At that time the angle truly was shocking - now it is just bad though the commentator has a good line - it is the high up Trackside camera that is ten or so metres past the line. 

We will be pushing the proverbial uphill to get a good crowd now all the local mills, freezing works and general industry has gone back to work but we live in hope.  There is no real incentive other than pride to chase turnover anyway.  Because we will not charge we cannot be part of the interislander summer festival and therefore we miss out on a hell of a lot of advertising locally.  The three trotting meetings and the other gallops dates get tons of publicity but you would think we did not exist.  It is our call however I must say.

I do feel that charging entry fees for what is often pretty poor racing (eg HB and Wairarapa) does tend to turn off genuine racing people but not worry the party types. Reefton is probably targeting racing types rather than party people. I must go myself one day

37 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I do feel that charging entry fees for what is often pretty poor racing (eg HB and Wairarapa) does tend to turn off genuine racing people but not worry the party types. Reefton is probably targeting racing types rather than party people. I must go myself one day

Don't hang about WD I don't think we will be there long.  Though to be fair I always get a burst of enthusiasm close to raceday and think I might go again.  In the middle of the winter I will not be able to wait to get rid of the joint.  We could charge but hey we are always pleased to put a day on for the locals to enjoy without sticking our hand out. 

Just hoping a decent dose of this rain has arrived in Reefton to freshen the track a tad.  It has been bloody dry even though we have been heavily irrigating.

52 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Saw a very rare sight at 6.00pm tonight when passing through  Kumara, they had K line sprinklers going and it is raining heavily here in Hokitika 

Dear oh dear!

I knew they had K line out there but would not have thought they would have needed to use it with the last two weeks weather.

Perhaps they are trying for a slow 8 on Saturday

50 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Looking at forecast for week, you wouldn't be too confident of meeting going ahead.

Hope it does, had some good times at that annual meeting.

Different this year to last.  This would be the best early summer I ever remember on the Coast.  While the forecast is not flash you cannot rely on that and the Kumara course will be in a lot better nick than it was at this time last year.

Having said that Reefton will be on standby should the boys need a substitute!

NEWS FROM KUMARA RACE CLUB!!!!!

Track condition ..
Everything with the track is going to plan, remedial work has been completed.. Irrigation and natural rain are helping the track..

Kumara has 11 races set down for Saturday and the first race is now 11.53am.. All the infrastructure for Saturday is currently being installed..

Further update tomorrow morning (Thursday Jan 11th)

Regards 
Patrick Meates
Kumara Racing Club President..

1 hour ago, Time To Remember said:

Track condition ..
Everything with the track is going to plan, remedial work has been completed.. Irrigation and natural rain are helping the track..

Kumara has 11 races set down for Saturday and the first race is now 11.53am.. All the infrastructure for Saturday is currently being installed..

Regards 
Patrick Meates

Sounds good. Got to love that natural rain.

2 hours ago, Time To Remember said:

Track condition ..

Regards 
Patrick Meates

All the best to him but I think he issued the same statement at the same time last year.  

14 hours ago, Time To Remember said:

Track condition ..

Regards 
Patrick Meates

So I take it that means there is no contingency plan in place in case things don't quite work out.

45 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

So I take it that means there is no contingency plan in place in case things don't quite work out.

They won't have a contingency plan(despite us offering them Reefton).   I have not heard a peep since making the offer yesterday and I would think if they do not run at Kumara they will not run at all (and to be fair given the amount of rain we have had if they did go to Reefton they would only stuff our track for Tuesday)

I very much doubt the interests of the stakeholders will be considered and(assuming that the worst happens) it is now far too late for Reefton to step up themselves.  

34mm in Reefton in the last 24 hours.  I imagine it would be close to 120mm here in Greymouth

The joke continues, who's accountable? oh that's right, it's Huey's fault, Mother Nature, act of God, blah blah.........Kiwi trainers should pack their bags, and best horses and head across to Oz for a working holiday, welcome mat is out.