RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Liz Whelan

I am surprised there has been so little comment on here about Liz farewelling  us, as she has been the most pro greyhound racing presenter we have seen in years.

obviously intelligent , easy to communicate with, able to see all sides in an issue and a very presentable presenter, liz appeared out of nowhere and quickly developed  a passion and subsequent great knowledge of the Greyhound industry. I think Liz's presence over the last few years has had a very positive affect and we should all thank her and wish her well in her future pursuits. Even if she did get a bit emotive about things from time to time.

All the very best Liz

Mike and Linda 

1 hour ago, GOM said:

I am surprised there has been so little comment on here about Liz farewelling  us, as she has been the most pro greyhound racing presenter we have seen in years.

obviously intelligent , easy to communicate with, able to see all sides in an issue and a very presentable presenter, liz appeared out of nowhere and quickly developed  a passion and subsequent great knowledge of the Greyhound industry. I think Liz's presence over the last few years has had a very positive affect and we should all thank her and wish her well in her future pursuits. Even if she did get a bit emotive about things from time to time.

All the very best Liz

Mike and Linda 

Agree mike..liz and her family owned triple parked with us and you could not want for better owners...mind you if she interviewed before a group race..she put the mockers on my dogs...lol...lizs paasion in home interviews was second to none and she always put the dogs and you first.....all the  best liz...which you dont need really as you will be a hit with greyhounds were ever you go.....there is a ceo job at grnz you know??...cheers steve and stacey

First, I accept we need to highlight what's wrong but credit to GOM for making the effort to highlight what's right.

Liz is rightfully a star and has done a lot for the dogs on screen and off.  It's a real pity she's going - she's a real intergenerational star.  She has the respect of the old school but is also championing changes ahead particularly with the way information is presented.  The fundamentals of racing will always be the same but there is a real need for change in the data and information space - you only need to see the growth of sports betting with younger generations.

While it's a pity to see her go she has already left her mark and you never know - she may come back with even more experience and ideas to grow the game.

Top person all round.