RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Brown Fox

Athletica

That was a very average ride by Danielle ,i know they are aiming at the Derby but to be 6 lengths behind the 2nd to last horse all the way and storm home for 2nd????????

Talented colt that is only going to get better as the distances increase, bred to get over a trip on the dam side and by the right sire when looking towards Guineas/Derby races

dbtab - you'd be completely wrong about the ride. Slow out of the gates, Danielle was pushing him the whole trip just to stay in touch [ although he was NOT 6 lengths last at any stage] and gave him one behind the saddle well before the turn to try and get him get going. He's a stayer and sprouted wings when the 1400m horses were starting to step short. He's a good one, make no mistake. Remember he's got to run another 1000m in a couple of months....and I'm picking he'll sprint like that for his last 250 just the same!!

12 hours ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

dbtab - you'd be completely wrong about the ride. Slow out of the gates, Danielle was pushing him the whole trip just to stay in touch [ although he was NOT 6 lengths last at any stage] and gave him one behind the saddle well before the turn to try and get him get going. He's a stayer and sprouted wings when the 1400m horses were starting to step short. He's a good one, make no mistake. Remember he's got to run another 1000m in a couple of months....and I'm picking he'll sprint like that for his last 250 just the same!!

Sshhh Lloyd....;)

I have kept an eye on Atheltica since his impressive debut..and cant work  him/it out...if he's Derby material he'd surely needed yo have showed more by now..a strong finish for 2nd in a crap field in the CD doesn't fill me with enthusiasm ..not when you consider the likes of Demonetisation and Formidable  to name just two contenders

Derby horses usually show themselves around Avondale Guineas time. I remember Buzz Lightyear bolting the Bayer Classic and leading the Derby field into the straight at Ellerslie. Dropped out rapidly. The run of Athletica at Awapuni was interesting. He's certainly got the breeding to win. Depends on the rider in the Derby. Vinnie Colgan is the best....