RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tailedoff

laying a complaint

Hi

How does one lay a complaint against the stipes at Ruakaka for not penalising Matt Cameron for taking out two horses on purpose to get his mount out in R3?

Its disgusting he was allowed to get away with that.

1 hour ago, Tailedoff said:

Hi

How does one lay a complaint against the stipes at Ruakaka for not penalising Matt Cameron for taking out two horses on purpose to get his mount out in R3?

Happens all the time.Watched a race at Randwick yesterday where at 200m mark,jockey moved horse out checking 2nd fave then moved back to inside checking fave who had moved up on rail.Horse finished 3rd and 2 horses he checked 5th and 6th imo would have finished at least 3rd/4th.Nothing said

2 hours ago, Tailedoff said:

You're kidding right?  Just a very good piece of assertive riding.  Exactly what you want to see from the jockey riding the best horse in the race.  You'd never see the "King" do that because he's lost his bottle.

The second horse wasn't inconvenienced at all and Innes didn't lodge a protest so he can't have thought it was anything more than good competitive riding.

6 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Honest mistake. Go easy on the girl, she is still walking around the course trying to find where she parked her car. 

Was there that many there?

It did look like a good crowd and even though the whole place is run by “so called” amateurs the track played bloody well. 

If only the professionals could achieve the same. 

11 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

She's not first...and sadly probably wont be the last. :unsure:

Come on Baz, every rider now has to weigh in,even if you run last

I would be more interested to see if she was drug tested before the races and if not why not...

The owners will lose any stake money they won because of this stupidity and that is what it is stupidity. 

3 hours ago, Brown Fox said:

Stipes report says didn't weigh in. 4 week holiday.Hopes she takes it in,seems to be a reasonably good Apprentice.:)

She's actually having a shocking season, only 3 winners from over 100 rides.

Pales in comparison to her great couple of seasons previous.

Far too much interference in NZ racing at present. Cameron doesn't look, just forces out.

Interestingly, Justamaiz had to ease at 1400 when crowded by Tavlin, and is slightly bumped as a consequence of Tavlin coming out (incorrectly assigned as Sirvolk in steward's report). 

What happened to the days when Clubs appointed four or five Stewards to accompany jockeys to the weigh in scales if they finished in a stake bearing placing? If this system was still in place Danielle would have weighed in.

Re Ruakaka, and racing generally. If you're waiting for Winston to set things right don't hold your breath because he's been in Raro at Shane Jones' wedding the last little while and I would think the future of racing in New Zealand would be the last thing on his mind. Went to Ruakaka Saturday for the first time in a while. Smallest crowd i've ever seen at a summer meeting. Bit blustery but warm and actually more pleasant than searing heat that can happen there. If you were watching the tv screens above the tote windows you would know the divs but otherwise no big screen, no infield indicator. Sometime four or five at the windows but dead easy to get a bet on and I noted several windows closed. Maybe if you paid for a marquee you got town hall treatment but food, generally, was pretty ordinary. Apart from the distance race that started down the straight the horses came out of the birdcage gate and turned left heading to the start. The public never ever got a look at them - great way to promote interest. When harness was held there the stipes made sure the horses paraded in front of the stand. Made some money so was a good day for me but I didn't see anything that would tempt me back on course or further my interest in racing if I were a newcomer. I don't go there in winter cos I'm afraid of being the only person there. 

On 1/7/2018 at 6:41 PM, The Crucible said:

You're kidding right?  Just a very good piece of assertive riding.  Exactly what you want to see from the jockey riding the best horse in the race.  You'd never see the "King" do that because he's lost his bottle.

The second horse wasn't inconvenienced at all and Innes didn't lodge a protest so he can't have thought it was anything more than good competitive riding.

yeah except the stipes report clearly indicates the third horse was hit and then ran into the 2nd horse 

there is 'laying out' and then there is intentially ramming into another horse.....which this was....

8 hours ago, berzerk said:

Far too much interference in NZ racing at present. Cameron doesn't look, just forces out.

Interestingly, Justamaiz had to ease at 1400 when crowded by Tavlin, and is slightly bumped as a consequence of Tavlin coming out (incorrectly assigned as Sirvolk in steward's report). 

thank you!

8 minutes ago, Tailedoff said:

yeah except the stipes report clearly indicates the third horse was hit and then ran into the 2nd horse 

Watch it again - contact with the 2nd horse was minimal and didn't affect its chances of winning the race.  Connections of the 2nd horse must agree because they didn't lodge a protest.

Your wallet talking perhaps?