RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Contentious

Bernard

Fields weren’t to bad yesterday  but with the rescheduled meeting it’s been reduced to 50 odd runners for over 250 k in stakes. Another loss for the industry as a whole . Saying that those running today won’t be complaining but long term it’s not looking rosy .

6 minutes ago, Contentious said:

The first 5 races at Awapuni today 7th Jan have field sizes of 5, 4, 6. 7 & 5

do you really think a lot of racing people have confidence in the game at the moment?

It is pathetic, but remember this is the old Woodville date, which always struggled because of timing, and now Marton has been moved a week early onto this date to accomodate Trentham, who in turn had to move earlier to accomodate Ellerslie.

But don't worry, everything will be ok when eventually most racing is centralised at Ellerslie, except winter racing which will probably centralise at Ruakaka.

Some interesting racing all the same, Gift of Power vs. Sweepstake, Glory Days vs. La Fille En Jeu. Scapolo with Mighty Solomon down the weights, can the enigmatic but at times brilliant Abbey Road show his best and I think the cup field is still very good.

Looking forward to it.

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

Is it because of low stakes or bad programming? 

Hardly low stakes when 4 go around for $30,000 in rating 85s. Personally I think 85s should be scrapped, they hardly ever attract good fields, certainly not big enough to justify $30,000.

6 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Hardly low stakes when 4 go around for $30,000 in rating 85s. Personally I think 85s should be scrapped, they hardly ever attract good fields, certainly not big enough to justify $30,000.

I think that the problem with Rating 85 races is the rating system. 

It needs changing so that a few more horses are pushed through the grades. 

At the moment there is far to much congestion in the rating 65 grade to the detriment of the 75 grade which in turn effects the 85 even more  

To fix the problem only a couple of hundred horses need moving, and in reality it won’t effect their ability to compete as they will still be racing against each other!

10 hours ago, puha said:

Fields weren’t to bad yesterday  but with the rescheduled meeting it’s been reduced to 50 odd runners for over 250 k in stakes. Another loss for the industry as a whole . Saying that those running today won’t be complaining but long term it’s not looking rosy .

I'd say the state of the track...had a lot to do with it?

4 hours ago, poundforpound said:

So tell me what Bernard had to say today ?( I didn’t see that show ).

What plans has he got ? Any agenda or strategy document to help us understand the way forward ?

Did he explain what he’s actually done in the six + months he’s been here ?

There’s been silence ever since his appearance, so maybe he didn’t turn up? A bit like most of the race meetings since New Year’s Day!

I didn’t see all of the show, although I did tune in at 10.24am.

What I did think thought is that Mick Guerin (spelling?) of West Coast extraction is so much better than ALL the usual panelists put together. 

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

So tell me what Bernard had to say today ?( I didn’t see that show ).

What plans has he got ? Any agenda or strategy document to help us understand the way forward ?

Did he explain what he’s actually done in the six + months he’s been here ?

He has been here for 6 months and yet the only thing I have heard or seen of him,is to ask the RIU  to investigate how the sprinklers were left at Omakau,FFS.

Bernie come out with something as to why we have had 7 abandoned meetings over the last 9 days in the lucrative period of holiday racing and how you have plans to remedy this going forward, as at the moment you are a cardboard cutout of a CEO of NZ Racing.Thanks in advance. 

On trackside one tonight AGAIN stating what the inherent problems are with no process to resolve anything.

Is it still a case of saying we need the govt or NZRB to act as we don't know what to do and they have all the money.